Lotsa work, but worth it.

We've got a deck that runs the full 50' across the back of the house and although the frame is still in excellent condition the floor was showing it's age so I decided it was time to spruce it up. I pulled all the old boards off and replaced them all with new pressure treated and it turned out really nice. I'll leave it alone for the summer then seal it all.

The brown pressure treated boards look much nicer then the green ones we used to get.

Biggest job now is cutting up all the old boards & hauling them to the dump.

IMG_0175.JPG

IMG_0176.JPG

Edited by lew
  • Like 5

Looks great Lew...The family did ours about three years ago on a Saturday...The Ramp was done by a contractor as it was covered by a safety grant from March of Dimes...

2028553100_Rampinprogress001.JPG.bd5581b1ecbe396ccea91ca4626acf65.JPG

• Like 3

Glen, I hear you on having guests over, it's been far too long for sure.

Norm, great deal on having the cost of the ramp covered and it looks great too.

LostAnotherOne, the price of lumber has gone thru the roof but sometimes we just have to bite the proverbial bullet and get on with it  LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lew said:

LostAnotherOne, the price of lumber has gone thru the roof but sometimes we just have to bite the proverbial bullet and get on with it  LOL

Just read an article today about the demand for lumber.  I remember a couple of months ago when I first started the deck I came home from work and the wife said while doing the dishes a pickup stopped in front of our driveway and 2 guys were looking at something and drove away.  No doubt it was all that wood that was sitting there.  Into the garage it went.

• Like 2

Pretty scary when you know someone is looking at your place and thinking of actually stealing wood.

I needed 107 pieces, mostly  12' long and they were $22 each so I spose that's pretty enticing to some people although a big pile of wood isn't exactly easy to run off with.

IMG_0157.jpg

Nice Lew! If you still have those boards, a quick kijiji ad would make them disappear quick. Save yourself the work, and help someone else. Not only is it stupid expensive, but hard to get too. 

I miss building decks. One of my favourite things to build. 

S. 

• Like 1