Help finding a cottage rental for seniors last hurrah

Hey guys (and gals), not fishing related per se, but I’m trying to find a cottage rental for a small reunion and a last trip north for my MIL. she’s 85 and had a tough go with the covid lockdown. We’d like to take her up for a few days to a week to a cottage that at least has a water view. Easy water access even better so she can sit near the water. 
It would be nice for my wife and I or the BIL to get out fishing too, but the prime concern is to get her away one last time. 

3-4 hours max from Fergus area would be ideal. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

This might be a bit farther then you want; it's about 6 hours from Fergus; but very peaceful with housekeeping cottages. It's on the Montreal River system, just outside of the village/town of Elk Lake.

Elk Lake Wilderness Resort

Cottages are clean and well maintained; been there a number of times with my brother; who was dealing with cancer that he just lost his battle with this spring. Why I mention that; is it was easy access for him to the dock; has ample room for a few chairs and relaxing times on the dock. They also have a pontoon boat that we have rented a few times. Made my brother's boarding and relaxing and fishing much more enjoyable for him. The fishing is decent and the water system is always calm enough to go out. Then about 4-5 miles down river there's a large widening of the river called Mountain Lake. It's a pike fishery for sure, along with bass and walleye. The best walleye fishing we found was drifting between an old train bridge and an island in the middle of the river. Power up to the bridge and zigzag the width of the river down to the island. This was between the camp and Mountain Lake; even with a 15hp tinny it was less then 20 minutes from camp.

I DO NOT have any investment in this camp! I've just enjoyed the camp and that my brother could come and not over exert himself doing his love of fishing.

The owners of the camp are relatively young people (40-50) and have to be the friendlies people I have met. Hopefully they still have their great attitude while this covid is still hanging around. It would be a shame if they lost what they have built because of.

Dan.  

Edited by DanD
None

Thanks Dan, I really appreciate it. But also, my deepest condolences for your loss. I’m sure this place holds special value to you for your time spent there with your brother. I hope those memories never fade. The place looks great, I’ll take a closer look at it tomorrow. A big plus is that the furniture looks comfy which seems hard to find these days

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 2:05 PM, DanD said:

This might be a bit farther then you want; it's about 6 hours from Fergus; but very peaceful with housekeeping cottages. It's on the Montreal River system, just outside of the village/town of Elk Lake.

Elk Lake Wilderness Resort

Cottages are clean and well maintained; been there a number of times with my brother; who was dealing with cancer that he just lost his battle with this spring. Why I mention that; is it was easy access for him to the dock; has ample room for a few chairs and relaxing times on the dock. They also have a pontoon boat that we have rented a few times. Made my brother's boarding and relaxing and fishing much more enjoyable for him. The fishing is decent and the water system is always calm enough to go out. Then about 4-5 miles down river there's a large widening of the river called Mountain Lake. It's a pike fishery for sure, along with bass and walleye. The best walleye fishing we found was drifting between an old train bridge and an island in the middle of the river. Power up to the bridge and zigzag the width of the river down to the island. This was between the camp and Mountain Lake; even with a 15hp tinny it was less then 20 minutes from camp.

I DO NOT have any investment in this camp! I've just enjoyed the camp and that my brother could come and not over exert himself doing his love of fishing.

The owners of the camp are relatively young people (40-50) and have to be the friendlies people I have met. Hopefully they still have their great attitude while this covid is still hanging around. It would be a shame if they lost what they have built because of.

Dan.  

Roger and Mary jo are nice people who will ensure that you enjoy your time there..