Large Tiller tips ?

Just watch your trim to keep the nose down---sitting in the back sometimes can be a challenge for obstructions or kayakers 🙂

passengers a lot of times don't get that you need to see also-

I run a 50 tiller

• Like 1

2 hours ago, misfish said:

Not here buddy. I am happy with a 30lb tiller now.LOL

Sounds like a sweet ride. Pic ?

LOL

pick her up this week , got some rigging to do then ill snap a pic ,  gotta fab a duck blind for it over the summer though.

25 minutes ago, bushart said:

Just watch your trim to keep the nose down---sitting in the back sometimes can be a challenge for obstructions or kayakers 🙂

I run a 50 tiller

Great tip , thanks !

40 minutes ago, bushart said:

I run a 50 tiller

Howdy Terrance. Nice to see ya around.

I find the direction my body is facing makes a difference.  Trolling, my body is facing the side of the boat. I turn my head to view my course.  On plane, my body is facing my course.  Running chop with your head turned 90 degrees is not fun. Surprised no one has suggested this one.... Any time above trolling speed you really should be tethered to the kill switch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sauce said:

I find the direction my body is facing makes a difference.  Trolling, my body is facing the side of the boat. I turn my head to view my course.  On plane, my body is facing my course.  Running chop with your head turned 90 degrees is not fun. Surprised no one has suggested this one.... Any time above trolling speed you really should be tethered to the kill switch.

Ski masks work well too.

19 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Make sure the friction device is not too loose, all of a sudden if you let go you will go for a loop.

Along with Fisherman's suggestion. If there is a pull left or right on the tiller, while at speed; you can easily adjust that out. 

The vid is of a merc but the idea is the same.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Steve Piggott said:

The face saver is great for the tiller. After 30 mph your eyes start to water. Great on cold days

20200406_115913.jpg

Luke!

I’m your father. 

Sorry couldn’t resist. LOL 

Dan. 

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

now you are just making me feel bad for my passengers in my single console bass boat 🤣

Just amazing how my mudder felt when I took her for a ride in mine. LOL. She did take off her glasses before blasting off.LOL She loved it. She always enjoyed the craziest and fasted rides at the amusement  parks. 

4 minutes ago, misfish said:

Just amazing how my mudder felt when I took her for a ride in mine. LOL. She did take off her glasses before blasting off.LOL She loved it. She always enjoyed the craziest and fasted rides at the amusement  parks. 

i finally got my 66 year old mom out in the skeeter last spring. She held on tight but loved it. My father hates riding in my boat and this year he hasnt put his boat in yet so hes been doing a lot of riding in it. It also hasnt been particularly warm. 2 weeks ago he asked if we could "cruise" back so that he would be warmer lol

4 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

now you are just making me feel bad for my passengers in my single console bass boat 🤣

For years my brother always had a 14' tinny & then 20 odd years ago I bought a Crestliner with a side console.  He used to fish with me all the time and one cold rainy day down at Quinte we were running down the lake and I was warm & dry behind the windshield while he looked like a drowned duck. He looked over at me and asked "why the heck didn't you buy a boat with a windshield for me too and I said "because you didn't offer to pay for 1/2 the new boat"

He didn't laff but I thought it was hilarious  LOL 😁

• Haha 1