Petition requesting to open boat launches for fishermen

mamona

On 5/6/2021 at 1:37 PM, AKRISONER said:

I’ll tell you right now, the noise surrounding the lockdown has died totally down aside from the weirdos at “no more lockdowns”

there’s no way dougie or any of his crew are going to make noise at this point. They are going to let these next what 13? Days pass and point to the fact that once again (as we already knew) tight lockdowns are extremely effective at reducing case and hospitalization numbers. In two weeks my assumption is that we will probably be a lot closer to 1000 cases per day with no doubt a decline in the volume in the ICU’s

to be on topic, this petition is a month late and won’t have any impact on the current lockdown we are in. You’d have to be crazy to think that anyone involved with the decision to close local boat ramps is going to do a total 180 on the subject. As with most things it’s easier to just shut it totally down then try and police who’s going fishing vs who’s going fishing with their buddies from 5 different households etc. Or who’s going “fishing” but actually going to have a boat party and get drunk with some girls on their dad’s cabin cruiser. 

the entire premise that “carrying a fishing rod and having a fishing license” is grounds for you to go boating is hilarious. Funny how easy carrying a fishing pole and having a fishing license turns into what I described above.

once again and I will reiterate. If you want to go fishing, it’s easily done. Those that care enough to go have been and will continue to be out on the water and laying into some fish.

I only monitor KFLA and the lockdown has had minimal effect on their numbers.  They still have high number and actually they have gone up a fair amount in the last week. 

https://www.kflaph.ca/en/healthy-living/status-of-cases-in-kfla.aspx

On 5/6/2021 at 2:37 PM, AKRISONER said:

I’ll tell you right now, the noise surrounding the lockdown has died totally down aside from the weirdos at “no more lockdowns”

there’s no way dougie or any of his crew are going to make noise at this point. They are going to let these next what 13? Days pass and point to the fact that once again (as we already knew) tight lockdowns are extremely effective at reducing case and hospitalization numbers. In two weeks my assumption is that we will probably be a lot closer to 1000 cases per day with no doubt a decline in the volume in the ICU’s

to be on topic, this petition is a month late and won’t have any impact on the current lockdown we are in. You’d have to be crazy to think that anyone involved with the decision to close local boat ramps is going to do a total 180 on the subject. As with most things it’s easier to just shut it totally down then try and police who’s going fishing vs who’s going fishing with their buddies from 5 different households etc. Or who’s going “fishing” but actually going to have a boat party and get drunk with some girls on their dad’s cabin cruiser. 

the entire premise that “carrying a fishing rod and having a fishing license” is grounds for you to go boating is hilarious. Funny how easy carrying a fishing pole and having a fishing license turns into what I described above.

once again and I will reiterate. If you want to go fishing, it’s easily done. Those that care enough to go have been and will continue to be out on the water and laying into some fish.

I really doubt the lockdowns or whatever buzz word they want too call it is lifted the Friday before May 24 weekend.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dara said:

I'm not allowed to go to my only grand daughters second birthday without quaranteening 14 days

And I don't want to spend 2 days in airports either. we need this to be over

Those pandemics are kinda of unwieldy things, if you could just will it to be over it would just be an outbreak. Encourage everyone to get the jab, that is the quickest way it will be over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scuro2 said:

Those pandemics are kinda of unwieldy things, if you could just will it to be over it would just be an outbreak. Encourage everyone to get the jab, that is the quickest way it will be over.

No kiddin.

I have an appointment opening day of walleye season.

Guess what I'm doing that day.

12 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Is vaccine supply getting better?

This is when Canada contracted for the bulk of their vaccinations. Pretty well everyone who wants a shot will get it by the end of June. Second shots will go till the end of summer.

15,207,678 Vaccines have been given in Canada ( 6 M in 2 weeks)
33.6 % have received at least one dose
5,740,761 vaccines given in Ontario as of yesterday
46.16% of the vaccine eligible population with one dose
Edited by scuro2
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 8:04 AM, Rizzo said:

Personally I am getting used to seeing odd things. I used to laugh when I would see people driving alone in their car with a mask on...now I almost expect it.

Most of these people wearing masks alone while in cars are delivery drivers working for Uber and Skip the Dishes type employers. They will lose their incomes if customers complain, so they wear their masks full time to avoid forgetting it. Then there's the small clueless percentage who think doing so will somehow help. 

Mesh see through masks are a great thing for those who aren't exactly on board with wearing masks....

I really don't understand why it's okay to take my family to stand in a crowded area to get ice cream and then go play at a park with dirty kids snotting, coughing, sneezing and touching everything. But, I cannot go by myself to a boat launch and spend the day in the middle of a lake literally kilometers from anyone?

Petitions are mostly useless, but I signed anyways. 

• Like 2

Sorry another thread ruined by our covid cowboys who will not leave it alone. I am going to start modding accounts. I am tired of the reports on people belittling others and spreading half truths on this subject. Take it to P.M. or off the site. 

thanks 

Art

• Like 1