Petition requesting to open boat launches for fishermen

mamona

If he didn't suggest checking for a license at the launch I would sign it.

And maybe fish with the people you live with, not just limit randoms to 2.

We are distancing right now, not picking best fishing partners.

I just want to launch with my dog and go fish a bit

I am in a low risk community and our municipal launch is barricaded while I hear you guys in Hamilton etc hot zones saying launches are open

Edited by Dara

12 minutes ago, scuro2 said:

What should have been the maximum restriction was that you can only fish or golf alone. Many would be happy with that.

operationally I dont think it would make financial sense for golf courses to operate at 1/4 capacity. fishing however is on your own dime.

By the way, fishing isnt illegal right now, its just hard to find a launch thats open. As usual, people would rather complain then actually put the effort in to make it happen. Typically these same people are the ones that are only complaining because they cant go fishing with all of their buddies.

Ive been out fishing, and many people I know have as well. 

45 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

operationally I dont think it would make financial sense for golf courses to operate at 1/4 capacity. fishing however is on your own dime.

By the way, fishing isnt illegal right now, its just hard to find a launch thats open. As usual, people would rather complain then actually put the effort in to make it happen. Typically these same people are the ones that are only complaining because they cant go fishing with all of their buddies.

Ive been out fishing, and many people I know have as well. 

With my usual spring time launches now closed I have found 2 that are better maintained and a little cheaper.

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I dunno, say a few courses don't open. Imagine the demand for the courses that were open, you could fill every slot 7 days a week. I know that pretty well happens on some courses but for other courses singles all day long 7 x a week may actually bring in more money.

4 hours ago, scuro2 said:

I dunno, say a few courses don't open. Imagine the demand for the courses that were open, you could fill every slot 7 days a week. I know that pretty well happens on some courses but for other courses singles all day long 7 x a week may actually bring in more money.

I’ll tell you right now, the noise surrounding the lockdown has died totally down aside from the weirdos at “no more lockdowns”

there’s no way dougie or any of his crew are going to make noise at this point. They are going to let these next what 13? Days pass and point to the fact that once again (as we already knew) tight lockdowns are extremely effective at reducing case and hospitalization numbers. In two weeks my assumption is that we will probably be a lot closer to 1000 cases per day with no doubt a decline in the volume in the ICU’s

to be on topic, this petition is a month late and won’t have any impact on the current lockdown we are in. You’d have to be crazy to think that anyone involved with the decision to close local boat ramps is going to do a total 180 on the subject. As with most things it’s easier to just shut it totally down then try and police who’s going fishing vs who’s going fishing with their buddies from 5 different households etc. Or who’s going “fishing” but actually going to have a boat party and get drunk with some girls on their dad’s cabin cruiser. 

the entire premise that “carrying a fishing rod and having a fishing license” is grounds for you to go boating is hilarious. Funny how easy carrying a fishing pole and having a fishing license turns into what I described above.

once again and I will reiterate. If you want to go fishing, it’s easily done. Those that care enough to go have been and will continue to be out on the water and laying into some fish.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

I think they are not separating marinas from     boat launches. Many people think of a marina as 100s of boats all parked close together and people using them as cottages, living close to one another bbqing on the dock beside everyone else  and that isn’t good at this time

but a boat ramp.  Boat in and out  not close contact should be good to go 

1 hour ago, Old fisher said:

The scientists say that it is near impossible to get the virus when out of doors, it is to bad that Ford can't comprehend what the intelligent doctors and scientists are saying.

The figure I heard was 10 x less likely and those catch it are in close proximity say 2-3 ft away

1 hour ago, Terry said:

I think they are not separating marinas from     boat launches. Many people think of a marina as 100s of boats all parked close together and people using them as cottages, living close to one another bbqing on the dock beside everyone else  and that isn’t good at this time

but a boat ramp.  Boat in and out  not close contact should be good to go 

On ctv news Barrie the grey bruce medical officer say almost exactly what I wrote and he is opening boat ramps in his area but not marinas 

Edited by Terry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scuro2 said:

The figure I heard was 10 x less likely and those catch it are in close proximity say 2-3 ft away

The variants have learned to jump further...mask at 10 feet keeps you mostly safe

14 hours ago, Dara said:

The variants have learned to jump further...mask at 10 feet keeps you mostly safe

Well you're going to look preetty odd at the kid's outdoor birthday party this summer as you keep your 10 foot bubble quaking from the variants.

Edited by scuro2

14 hours ago, Rizzo said:

I think you were trying to be funny...either way, made me laugh!

somewhat funny but also a bit serious. The only way we beat this is to not pass it on

5 hours ago, scuro2 said:

Well you're going to look preetty odd at the kid's outdoor birthday party this summer as you keep your 10 foot bubble quaking from the variants.

I'm not allowed to go to my only grand daughters second birthday without quaranteening 14 days

And I don't want to spend 2 days in airports either. we need this to be over

20 hours ago, Old fisher said:

The scientists say that it is near impossible to get the virus when out of doors, it is to bad that Ford can't comprehend what the intelligent doctors and scientists are saying.

My observation is that a lot of the closing is at the discretion of local governments ,  Conservation Authorities and parks depts. One jurisdiction the public ones are open and next door barricaded.