Walleye opener

Might not be so nice this Saturday on Rice Lake, or in the Otonabee. See attached.

This was at Birdsall launch. While there, for less than 10 minutes, 2 OPP cruised by. One was leaving as I arrived, and a second was coming down the road when I left.

IMG_20210504_143547532_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210504_170122_203.jpg

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

the prov. government has really messed up by closing the outdoors. its the exact opposite of what their science advisors are telling them to do. 

no wonder we are in such a mess. 

Boat launch closures are municipal not provincial.

So, how was the fishing? I haven't gone yet, but plan to go this evening. That sign is NOT going to stop me. I am a resident of this area, and I will be launching my boat and going fishing with my family. Give me my ticket, see you in court,  I am done following rules that make no sense. See you on the water!! 

S. 

• Like 1

I found it funny that the marina launch was closed,but the Tiffin launch is open. Oh it was packed full of trucks and trailers this morning. I went off my float boat launch this morning. Moved numerous times. Fished from 20-80 fow. Not a single mark. Need some warmer weather me thinks. The water clarity was insane. I could see the bottom at 30 fow .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sinker said:

So, how was the fishing? I haven't gone yet, but plan to go this evening. That sign is NOT going to stop me. I am a resident of this area, and I will be launching my boat and going fishing with my family. Give me my ticket, see you in court,  I am done following rules that make no sense. See you on the water!! 

S. 

image.gif.dfee4973520634ca2a474d9a8579526b.gif

I’m going next weekend for my opener. Looking forward to it. 

Hardly anybody fishing north east Pigeon. Went into Bobcaygeon by car to pick up Chinese food for Mother’s Day lunch and saw Bobcaygeon public launch open with dock in. Hardly any cars/trailers parked.   I didn’t go out last night  too windy,  tonight I will  🤞

Edited by captpierre

3 hours ago, captpierre said:

Hardly anybody fishing north east Pigeon. Went into Bobcaygeon by car to pick up Chinese food for Mother’s Day lunch and saw Bobcaygeon public launch open with dock in. Hardly any cars/trailers parked.   I didn’t go out last night  too windy,  tonight I will  🤞

Fished 2 hours tonight.  Nada. Temps 51-53. I usually bomb in May. June much better. 

3 hours ago, fishindevil said:

walleye opener in the kawarthas was awesome did very well caught lots and had a nice walleye fry ..... 

Well you did better than me. I'm on Upper Buckhorn and caught nuttin! Caught nuttin today either! Water temp is only 52f. Hope it warms up soon. 

Care to say what lure you were using? I used white twister, black twister, deep diving perch and live target minnow. 

I usually fish the grand but access to my spot requires my boat and they have the municipal ramp closed.. I could always take the yak.. or maybe wade in the shallower section 🤔