Nice way to start my day !!

lew

I won't go into any details but a company I've been involved with decided to merge with another company and there would be some surplus funds that would be split evenly with some of us. It was estimated we'd receive about $2600 each so it was rather nice this morning to receive word that rather than $2600 it was gonna be nearly $37,000.

As mentioned above, it's a nice way to start my day  🙂

• Like 7

I just sent the Government a cheque for $711. First time in 16 years they've got a dime out of me on tax day, so I guess it's still a good day! LOL 

Nice score Lew ! Just watch, as it's most likely a full value gain on next years return. Taxed on 50% of the gain.

Edited by irishfield

i found something in my mailbox too! i worked for a place for 21 years, one year ago they folded, our client cancelled their advertising contract. 
slowly but surely they have made due with severance payments and today #2 arrived.

One problem, the CRA wants it eventually! A thing called income taxes passed during WWII to help the war effort and would be rescinded once over! Did that happen?

Irish, good score! Now they know where you live! :) 

22 minutes ago, Fisherman said:

I found what I thought was an old nickle the other day, put my glasses on and saw it was a Jamaican $5.00 coin.  Nice, checked the currency out, it's not even worth a plug nickle, .03 cents.  😞

One of these days I’ll post picture of a coin my dad found in a tree cavity in the 50s.

A papal scudo from 1634. I found it in our family homestead in 1967! It was written up in the Toronto Star. i wrote the article and was paid $50. 

• Like 3