Name this critter!

Headhunter

We had a vet visit for our dog this afternoon and showed the video to the vet. He thought it was a Coywolf.

Arriving at home after the visit to the vet, the "Coywolf" was back, resting in the ravine in our backyard. I whistled to it, it just look at me, gave itself a scratch and wandered away.

In thing I left out.... when it was here this morning around 9:00am and left, a group of deer showed up about an hour later. Three or four of them.

My dog has been sniffing up a storm in the backyard and no, we won't let him out there without us having checked it out beforehand.

Here's the "sniffy one" resting up for his next encounter.

IMG_0008 (4).jpg

• Like 4

Well, it's bigger than my 85 lb Lab! And yes, our vet who saw the video also thought it looked pregnant! I really don't need a bunch of Coywolfs running around in my backyard! Hopefully, it will choose a better place to make it's den.

No sign of it so far today, but that's not so unusual.

HH

28 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

it's bigger than my 85 lb Lab!

Then it's likely a wolf, not a wolf/coyote cross.  When I first saw the video I surely thought wolf (not coyote).  And the timing is right for a whine about to whelp.

3 minutes ago, akaShag said:

I did not write WHINE, I used the correct term for a female canine.  🙄

How silly does it get when sites ban that word. You can't even post a well known website that has the letters in order in a longer word.

1 hour ago, smitty55 said:

How silly does it get when sites ban that word. You can't even post a well known website that has the letters in order in a longer word.

For some silly reason we have adults who us the word as a cuss word. This means women, children, and people who just plain don't want to see vulgarity who are on the site have to read them. We are a family site and wish to encourage people to fish, learn and support the great outdoors that Canada has to offer. 

Art

8 minutes ago, porkpie said:

Garden variety coyote with mange tail or some other injury.  It’s not a “coywolf”. 

Well, I have never seen a coyote that weighed more than 85 pounds, nor bigger than a lab................hence my opinion.