Suggestions on standalone navigation devices

Hack_Fisherman

Hey guys, I’m considering buying another device to add to my helix 7  DI SI. 

I love the helix, but I find it small in split screen modes (sonar + nav)

I was debating getting a gps enabled android 7-10” tablet in a contractor case and dash mount for Navionics alone but I hear the sun can overheat them. 

I don’t need another all purpose device and I’d prefer not to break the bank if possible.

I’d like to stay under $500 if possible

any ideas?

I’ve been running two 7 inch screens for 4 years now.  I really prefer this.  I like having 2 transducers and 2 units capable of nav/fish finder in case one craps out.  I had this happen once when my transducer ripped from its mount and the water pressure broke the ducer cable.  I was down rigging for kings and If I hadn’t had 2 fully functioning sonars my trip would’ve been over.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Garnet said:

Have you tried making fish  finder screen little smaller and nav screen bigger.

Yup, thanks. I mean it works, and I love it, i really want both sonar or imaging AND nav or the chart full size. a) because it is so much easier to read, and b) I find I scroll through screen selections quite a bit. I haven’t been able to figure out favourite presets on it. I think that’s Solex features?

maybe another 7 is the ticket. I can set each as wanted, and I could also grab and move one to the front as needed? I’d have to buy an extra power cord and ducer. That just hit me.