Marinas cannot be used for recreational boating

mamona

10 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

https://www.cp24.com/news/13-year-old-brampton-girl-dies-after-contracting-covid-19-1.5402037

So it's not just taking older people....

Also, have a look at India's DAILY case count of over 300k positive tests. Horrifying!

HH

Who said it was ever just taking older people?    Reading that is heartbreaking.   I can't even begin to figure out why he didn't bring her in or call an ambulance or something.  

Just now, BillM said:

Who said it was ever just taking older people?    Reading that is heartbreaking.   I can't even begin to figure out why he didn't bring her in or call an ambulance or something.  

He said he didn’t want to be apart, plus the hospitals are slammed in that area, and younger peoples and kids usually bounce back quick. That’s an awful story. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BillM said:

Who said it was ever just taking older people?  

@Rizzo "Almost every single covid death I have seen has been in people 80 and over...and almost every one of those, the family told me the person was in very poor health as it was. In other words, they were already near the end of their life. I think I have only seen one under the age of 70 (that person was 69, and also in poor health)."

3 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

@Rizzo "Almost every single covid death I have seen has been in people 80 and over...and almost every one of those, the family told me the person was in very poor health as it was. In other words, they were already near the end of their life. I think I have only seen one under the age of 70 (that person was 69, and also in poor health)."

He's not wrong is he?   

21 minutes ago, Dutch01 said:

I believe he is, but that was not the point of my post.  You asked "Who said it was ever just taking older people?" and I answered.

I'm going to nitpick here, but he didn't say everyone, he said almost everyone.    So say 99% out of a 100. 

2 minutes ago, BillM said:

I'm going to nitpick here, but he didn't say everyone, he said almost everyone.    So say 99% out of a 100. 

You're barking up the wrong tree here, I have no interest in splitting hairs on this board.  A question was asked and answered, if you don't like the answer given feel free to disregard it.

Dutch

54 year old PSW from Roberta House in Barrie is waiting for a double lung transplant due to covid effects. It's not just deaths, it's the after effects many are having. Also scares me to death that my pregnant Daughter is the lead Architect currently working the redesign of the very same facility..

Edited by irishfield
  • Like 2

Haven't read the comments.. just the title of the post.  Ramps around here are open... Essex County.  Some in Windsor have been closed... but Lakeshore just opened up/minus the facilities.  Kingsville is open at Cedar Beach... even if its closed someone down there cuts the chain every time.  

Was told Wheatley is open... Erieau is open.  

1 hour ago, Dutch01 said:

You're barking up the wrong tree here, I have no interest in splitting hairs on this board.  A question was asked and answered, if you don't like the answer given feel free to disregard it.

Dutch

I do not appreciated being mis-quoted. I never said "it only affects the old". I said THE CASES I HAVE SEEN were older people. Never would I say it "only" affects the elderly. What happened in Brampton is a real tragedy and my heart goes out to the family. You should not twist my words to try and prove some point.

11 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I do not appreciated being mis-quoted. I never said "it only affects the old". I said THE CASES I HAVE SEEN were older people. Never would I say it "only" affects the elderly. What happened in Brampton is a real tragedy and my heart goes out to the family. You should not twist my words to try and prove some point.

"Almost every single..." was definitive enough for me, whether you appreciate me quoting you or not.  I didn't put words in your mouth, I directly quoted you.

5 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

the question was asked "who said it was ever just taking older people"

you referred to me.

I did not say that, and so I do not appreciate you implying that I did. 

Again - "only ever" is close enough to "ever just" to me.  You don't like that, okay then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

...so you just ignore the part when I said ""the cases I have seen"...gotcha. If taking things out of context is all you have, there is no point discussing this. 

I did not ignore that part, it was included in my quote.  Taking it out of context would have meant removing that part of the quote.

Your point was heavy on a) this affects the old and b) why aren't we doing more about drug overdoses.

a) It affects the old and the young.  And the old aren't worth less than the young.

b) It is not binary.  We are doing a lot (and could do more) about drug overdoses.  We can do two things at once.  People dying of drug overdoses is not a reason to let COVID run rampant because lockdowns "DON'T work" according to you.  (Again, your quote and your capitals)

@scuro2has diligently and accurately argued that lockdowns do in fact work and I am in agreement.

It is easy to say what we should do when we have no education in the matter (how many epidemiologists are members of this board?) and no data to drive good decision making.  There are too many YouTube experts here.  We have Public Health departments for a reason.

You have already said you are moving to Florida because Ontario has gone insane, so you are right, "there is no point discussing this."

But here we all are, arguing politics on a fishing board with a no political posts rule...

Edited by Dutch01

4 hours ago, Dutch01 said:

Dutch

Unfortunately you're answer wasn't correct.  Although I'm sure you realize this by now.

Sorry but I am getting tired of the covid arguments on the board. I am getting to many hurt feelings and he said crap reports. They will all be monitored and if it doesn't have a fishing basis it will be locked. Take your Covid facts and fiction to P.M. or somewhere else that likes fighting and mud slinging. 

Art

• Like 1