Crownland camping with RVs and/or power boats?

Yes I know that all crownland camping is closed currently, but I’ve actually been thinking about doing some this year. The provincial parks are absolutely impossible to book anything. Plugged solid. They had 30,000+ on opening day waiting to book. 

So now I’m wondering about doing some Boondocking or boat in camping late August or September. Thinking about Franklin Island but not sure how busy it will be once the stay at home order ends. 

my options are boat in/tent camping, or Camping with a tent trailer and canoe. I’d like access to good fishing areas or nice water for just exploring/relaxing. I have a 16’ deep v or a canoe. 

I’m too old And out of shape to do the true back country camping with canoes/portages. 

I’m not asking for anybody to give up prime spots, but if anybody could point me in a direction of resources so I can start seeing if this is viable that would be great. 
I’m not sure what to expect especially with Boondocking camping with trailers RV’s etc.

I’m open to going as far as 1 hour North of Sudbury or Northbay...Manitoulin Espinola area, Ottawa or Pembrook area etc. 

Thanks in advance. 

That's going to be really tough, our campground just said they are probably not going to open for transits this year, even services for seasional sites are going to be at a reduced rate, that is going to put a lot of pressure on any other spaces that might have been available. There might be some opportunities, I have one in mind but won't discuss it openly, pm me and we can talk about it.

Thanks, I can appreciate that. I won’t be the only one trying to get away somewhere, anywhere. I’ll likely wait until Sept when the crowds die down. There’s always the possibility of picking up cancellations, but even those might be slim pickings. 

Heading out with the prospect of finding nothing available when I get there is not something I like the idea of. I’ve never been to Franklin, so I might be overthinking this? 

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

I've got a brand new trailer sitting in the back yard, slept in it twice just to check out the mattress,  looks like it may not move again this year. 

That’s really got to suck. The excitement of buying a new trailer and can’t go anywhere. 

akin to buying a new boat and someone drains the lake

• Like 1

Check the Ontario Parks reservation site for the campground you want every day in the morning after 7am. People book their preferred site for 21 days ahead then after 1 month cancel out the time they do not want. You may have to move to another campsite during your stay.

• Like 1