Giving birth

misfish

LOL

I knew the title would make ya have a gaze. LOL

After making mama caddis,s , out popped the baby's . Dang they sure are small and cute looking.:wub: Just like their papa,s. :P LOL

Mama will be the bottom hook,kiddies on a drop above .:Gonefishing:

Now to spend the next hour uncrossing me eye,s .:huh:

20210418_111151.jpg.66dfda74ce29b63699b024277830f7af.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, misfish said:

You could put 3-4 of them on yer pinkie finger nail Norm. Tiny.

How tiny you ask ? Well,one hook went flying out of the vise clamp. Not sure what happen there, but it made a tinkle noise on the floor right behind me on the hardwood. Turn to look and well,could not see it. Wife looks and I say, you aint going to see it. Why not, is what I get. I show her a tied fly. Yup,I aint going to see that hook. LOL

So sweep the floor and well, still didn't find. Or maybe we both just did not see it.LOL

3 hours ago, misfish said:

Well,one hook went flying out of the vise clamp. Not sure what happen there, but it made a tinkle noise on the floor right behind me on the hardwood.

Oh man, I know what you mean. I saw it leave, I heard it hit the floor and now it's gone. Reminds me of my days rebuilding carburetors. A check ball spring decides to take off before you get it pinned; just forget about it; it's gone never to be seen again. LOL

Dan. 

• Haha 1

Brian, your a better man than me.I dont tie anything smaller than a 16.Hands are too clumsy and eyes dont work so good any more! Some recent ties,from left.olive scud,greenrockworm,quill abdomen wet fly,nd a WD 40!  Hey,have u tried a furled leader? They are awsome! Built myself a jig and been making some! Hers one with indicator butt section.U gotta try them!

20210419_181126.jpg

16188707626711431157984614118633.jpg

• Like 2

On 4/18/2021 at 1:48 PM, misfish said:

So sweep the floor and well, still didn't find. Or maybe we both just did not see it.LOL

a magnet is your friend.  Or of course you can use your bare foot, it will find a hook without fail.

Doug

I use the furled leaders regularly; love them.  Little tip from experience; do not use in extreme shoulder seasons.  The furled leader builds ice like dipping a candle wick; then when reeling in and not watching it broke the tip of my rod!

9 hours ago, Gil Levesque said:

Scuds are a killer fly! If they are natural in the water ur fishing! Abit of work to tie in smaller sizes!  Sawyers Killer bugs are  better ! If i knew someone from Orangeville,i could get the special wool needed to tie them! Anyone from Orangeville on here?

I have been looking for 85%/15% wool nylon . When Micheals allows pubic access,I will be looking for it . I have just used a some what thread to make some pupa,s . What store in Orangeville ? I could stop in when I visit the Grand . I pass through there .

Edited by misfish