Crown Land camping suspended until further notice

kickingfrog

welp the thread is gonna get closed now...

but yup the whole allowing flights in full of double mutated variants and the like is absolute garbage. They traced the vancouver canucks outbreak to a flight from brazil. It had a bunch of NHL hockey players literally bed ridden. Rumour was a few were so bad they were on IV's

I just called my MP's office to get an answer to the question why are we allowing flights from countries with high variants into the country. I await a response from "a colleague" who can answer my question.

I'll update once I get the return call.

HH

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Headhunter said:

With three distinct viruses, rather than the rather mundane original version and a fourth potentially hitting us here in Canada, I just can't wrap my head around why we haven't locked down the airports to international flights?

Rumblings of putting India on a no fly list, but when?

HH

Oh, you have to have a Royal Commission which will take at least a year.

3 hours ago, LefroyFisherman said:

100 percent agree. It’s insane that 98 percent of this province gets penalized for the gta. I’m sure a golf course in northern Ontario would have a lot of people making the 15 hour one way drive from the gta to go play. 

Thats the problem, They would make the 15 hour drive.

Close health zone borders.

And ottawa is not a hot zone so no vaccines there till the rest of the province is covered...Sorry Justin

• Like 1

Just get the vaccinations out and administered.  As of today KFLA has a rolling seven day average of 27.2 cases per 100,000 population.  The county that I live in is 6.2. and we are mainly a resort community with a ton of visitors.  Masks are encouraged but not required, all schools are open, restaurants are open normally and life is basically normal.  The number continues to drop.

KFLA is dropping and I am sure that lockdown is helping with that but you can't lock things down forever.  Sooner or later even gov't money runs out.

IMHO, until a majority of the population is vaccinated nothing is going to change.  Just look at history.  Numbers go up and a lockdown is implemented.  Numbers go down and things start to open up, then numbers go up and another lockdown happens.  Wash rinse repeat.

In the states, Michigan had some of the strongest lockdowns in the country and now have the highest covid numbers in the country.

I am not saying that lockdowns are not needed or that they don't help.  I am saying that they are not a solution and until vaccinations are fully implemented best possible and herd immunity is accomplished nothing is ever going to change.

Edited by Crimsongulf

So I just found out something absolutely incredible that makes me feel so friggin mad I can’t describe it.

my brother is the COO of a distribution company based out of brampton. Luckily the company is not gigantic about 40 employees and ownership is 100% on board with doing everything in their power to keep people safe. They have provided full paid leave to any of the staff that have even been exposed never mind contracted covid. 

well anyways today my brother was describing the fact that he has one employee that is on a company mandatory quarantine after returning from his month long vacation in India. Another employee leaves Monday to go see family in India for three weeks. Both were working out scheduling with my brother and he found out that due to the fact that both of these employees are “essential” just like absolutely anyone else that is still working (check the essential list of businesses) you are exempt from the mandatory 14 day quarantine.

I knew this was the case for truckers but I never put two and two together that it simply applies to anyone thats “essential”

so this entire “14 day hotel thing” is entirely bogus and doesn’t actually exist except in the limited case where a foreigner comes here isn’t working.

my mind is frigging absolutely blown. My brother has told the employees that they are both not allowed to return to work without quarantining and providing a negative covid test. But without his companies policy there’s literally no quarantine for people traveling to India, Brazil etc etc 

mind friggin blown 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

So I just found out something absolutely incredible that makes me feel so friggin mad I can’t describe it.

my brother is the COO of a distribution company based out of brampton. Luckily the company is not gigantic about 40 employees and ownership is 100% on board with doing everything in their power to keep people safe. They have provided full paid leave to any of the staff that have even been exposed never mind contracted covid. 

well anyways today my brother was describing the fact that he has one employee that is on a company mandatory quarantine after returning from his month long vacation in India. Another employee leaves Monday to go see family in India for three weeks. Both were working out scheduling with my brother and he found out that due to the fact that both of these employees are “essential” just like absolutely anyone else that is still working (check the essential list of businesses) you are exempt from the mandatory 14 day quarantine.

I knew this was the case for truckers but I never put two and two together that it simply applies to anyone thats “essential”

so this entire “14 day hotel thing” is entirely bogus and doesn’t actually exist except in the limited case where a foreigner comes here isn’t working.

my mind is frigging absolutely blown. My brother has told the employees that they are both not allowed to return to work without quarantining and providing a negative covid test. But without his companies policy there’s literally no quarantine for people traveling to India, Brazil etc etc 

mind friggin blown 

Just like their newly implemented closing of inbound flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days, okay, nothing stops them from flying out to those countries for 31 days and coming back infected and having bogus Covid negative tests.  Flights should be closed both ways.  And lets not forget Brazil with their brazillion cases. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

mind friggin blown 

Ontario should do like NWT

You file a written application stating a valid reason to get in to the province and if accepted you quaranteen for 14 days.

If you are essential how can you get time away from work...mind blown here too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dara said:

If you are essential how can you get time away from work...mind blown here too

“Essential” as defined by the lockdown orders is so loose that any business involved with shipping and distribution is essential. What the hell business do you know that is not somehow involved with shipping or distributing goods? 

perfect example, my brother works for a board game company lol

18 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

“Essential” as defined by the lockdown orders is so loose that any business involved with shipping and distribution is essential. What the hell business do you know that is not somehow involved with shipping or distributing goods? 

perfect example, my brother works for a board game company lol

So many companies find justifications to be essential because of some little facet of what they do supports some other essential business.

loopholes. 

The no crown land camping policy is just plain stupid.  They know how and where the virus spreads so apply appropriate protection where needed.  I have a cousin who had it in September and he still has blood oxygen issues and may for the rest of his life. We've had a dozen cases in my department at work and I know many friends who have had it.. luckily only a few cases were severe..

Just now, mamona said:

Canada banning flights from India, Pakistan for 30 days

https://globalnews.ca/news/7781588/canada-travel-ban-covid-variant-india/

Just direct, everyone can still just take one flight elsewhere and then come in or drive to another place. It helps alittle, but about a year too late. 

• Like 1

As I understand it, anyone who has either started their trip or at any point were in India prior to landing in Canada are banned, for now. In-direct flights are included in the ban.

I did get a call back from my MP's office this morning. The point was kinda moot given the announcement last night.

HH

• Like 3

from Merck's webpage, Feb 2021. They manufacture Ivermectin so would have some stake.

"

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information."

• Like 2

16 hours ago, woodenboater said:

from Merck's webpage, Feb 2021. They manufacture Ivermectin so would have some stake.

"

• No scientific basis for a potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19 from pre-clinical studies; 
  • No meaningful evidence for clinical activity or clinical efficacy in patients with COVID-19 disease, and; 
  • A concerning lack of safety data in the majority of studies.

We do not believe that the data available support the safety and efficacy of ivermectin beyond the doses and populations indicated in the regulatory agency-approved prescribing information."

Trial site news on Utube a few vids ago addresses this. Also google iv and you'll see it came from a soil sample close to Tokyo. Only place in the world this bacteria/micro organism is found. Hope this means Merck's new 'discovery' that they are trialing for covid which sounds exactly like Iv fails to gain patent. Merck gave up the patent years ago so many manufacturers now make Iv. Seems Merck may be just trying to rebrand to get a $patent$.   Many have asked Merck to show proof that Iv doesn't work and no reason has been offered by them. Ironic that Merck also says it has bad side effects yet when it was selling Iv for other ailments years ago they weren't saying any of that. Millions have taken it with next to zero bad effects.  

Many find all this interesting. Me, I don't care what it's called or whether a patent controls price so long as it helps to save lives and allows us to get back to a normal existence.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cisco said:

Trial site news on Utube a few vids ago addresses this. Also google iv and you'll see it came from a soil sample close to Tokyo. Only place in the world this bacteria/micro organism is found. Hope this means Merck's new 'discovery' that they are trialing for covid which sounds exactly like Iv fails to gain patent. Merck gave up the patent years ago so many manufacturers now make Iv. Seems Merck may be just trying to rebrand to get a $patent$.   Many have asked Merck to show proof that Iv doesn't work and no reason has been offered by them. Ironic that Merck also says it has bad side effects yet when it was selling Iv for other ailments years ago they weren't saying any of that. Millions have taken it with next to zero bad effects.  

Many find all this interesting. Me, I don't care what it's called or whether a patent controls price so long as it helps to save lives and allows us to get back to a normal existence.   

Some Americans have tried to self medicate with it and poisoned themselves . It is a cheap dewormer for horses and I hope it doesn't go the way that insulin has in the US. Right now my daughter pays about 12 or 13 bucks per dose for her horse..

54 minutes ago, pics said:

Some Americans have tried to self medicate with it and poisoned themselves . It is a cheap dewormer for horses and I hope it doesn't go the way that insulin has in the US. Right now my daughter pays about 12 or 13 bucks per dose for her horse..

I'd like to read the material you are referring too.  If you read the comments on TSNs as I suggested you'd read many comments re how both the human and the vet versions are working for them.  Many have have claimed to be using the vet version saying it is working for them too. You pick and choose, fine, but at least give references to try and support your opinion. Oh and I don't care about horse healthcare costs going up if it means people can be saved. Neither should you.  

• Like 1