Crown Land camping suspended until further notice

kickingfrog

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

they aren't because unless you have antibodies in your immune system already (which you won't unless you have either had the virus previously or been vaccinated and allowed the time for your immune system to build them up) having a good immune system does very little to stop yourself from being infected if exposed.

thats how viruses work. its not the same as bacteria. 

Viruses are very good at infecting otherwise healthy people who have strong immune systems. 

thats why are they such a problem. 

Sure, but healthy immune systems also fight the virus, and allow those people to not require medical help. I know ONE person whos had covid. ONE. In a YEAR! It was my cousin, and she got it on a flight just over a year ago, when this gong show first started. She said she's had worse hangovers. A common cold. Etc.....no big deal.  She is healthy, has a good immune, and also has asthma. 

Sounds scary eh? SMH

S. 

• Haha 1

On 4/18/2021 at 3:57 PM, Dara said:

So it's ok to go to a different health zone.

Travel is acceptable.

For some,  yes. Some people are just idiots. That's half the problem. I can, and have been my whole life, travelling around with little to no interaction with other people. Its not hard to do, especially now with masks and all the sanitizing going on. 

Then, there are the complete idiots who are either so ignorant that they either don't care, or just can't comprehend things, like the ones from your town who spread it around. 

S. 

17 hours ago, cisco said:

I am not an anti-vaxer. Vitamin D3, C, and zinc are taken daily. Our gov't isn't even advising on ways to boost our immune systems. I have also read Finland has achieved proper vitamin D levels since 2014 by adding it to milk products. Finland has by far the lowest virus cases and mortality rates and has stopped shut down methods from what I have read. Why hasn't our gov't advised on at least vitamin D? Maybe I missed it. IMHO incompetence or some other reasoning...... 

If you look at the active cases for Finland they were doing reasonably well until March, then their active cases went straight up and they haven't been able to bend the curve at all. Sound familiar? You tell a great story but time and time again your "facts" don't check out. There is some truth to what you say but big picture you are always off the mark.

If people want hope look at the countries with the highest vaccination rates, Israel and Gibraltar. Gibraltar hasn't had an active local case in weeks all due to there extremely high vaccination rates. Israel is lifting restrictions step by step. Face masks are no longer required outdoors.

The conclusion is obvious, get your jab. Protect yourself, do it for your country. Herd immunity works. Vaccinations gets us there super quick.

Edited by scuro2
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sinker said:

For some,  yes. Some people are just idiots. That's half the problem. I can, and have been my whole life, travelling around with little to no interaction with other people. Its not hard to do, especially now with masks and all the sanitizing going on. 

Then, there are the complete idiots who are either so ignorant that they either don't care, or just can't comprehend things, like the ones from your town who spread it around. 

S. 

This is the thing people don't get.   It's pretty easy to go fishing without making stops for fuel or Tim Hortons or anything else.   If someone can't wrap their heads around this, then they definitely should be staying home.

• Like 3

Do any of you wonder why hospitals are getting paid (in some cases thousands per report) for Covid positivity tests? This is well documented and is occurring throughout the world.  Personally, it makes me shudder.  Well, we can all agree one thing - Phizer, et al, have made a pile of money from this. Gaurenteed contracts for years to come. Nice bit of business eh?

27 minutes ago, siwash said:

Do any of you wonder why hospitals are getting paid (in some cases thousands per report) for Covid positivity tests? This is well documented and is occurring throughout the world.  Personally, it makes me shudder.  Well, we can all agree one thing - Phizer, et al, have made a pile of money from this. Gaurenteed contracts for years to come. Nice bit of business eh?

It's well documented? Then why not provide a reputable link to a trusted news source stating such? Why a trusted news source you say? Because all trusted news sites have editorial oversight over anything they print to avoid getting sued.

So another breathless conspiracy theory? How many people are in on it? Thousands? Tens of thousands? Millions? We have the governments of every democracy in the world and their health care sectors in on it. Big business, and of course the world wide news media. There would be countless others. Do they all get a slice of the pie? Too many people really WANT to believe a conspiracy, for that we can blame the motion picture business!!!!!!

Can you actually believe that we are in a pandemic and that vaccinations are solving this giant uncontrolled pandemic as we speak. You will see the results of this very soon in Ontario. Our US brothers have probably noticed it already, and even those in the hit hard states will notice it soon like us. Get your jab. Protect yourself, do it for your country. Herd immunity works. Vaccinations gets us there super quick.

Edited by scuro2
  • Like 7

13 hours ago, Sinker said:

S. 

I hear ya Shane, I'm not normally on the cutting edge of trends but I've been a bit of an expert on social distancing for quite a few years now lol. 

• Like 2

With apologies to the OP as this topic has taken somewhat of a tangent. I had already typed my comment out after catching up the last two pages, then I thought oh yea, this started as a camping thread with a side of lost freedoms.

Is it really even a vaccine? Not the mRNA ones, they have never been approved for human testing even. Normally real vaccines take 5 years for approval, right now they are all being allowed under emergency measures only so this is all an experiment. The Astra Zeneca one has been banned in numerous countries now due to blood clots. Ok here though they say. I highly suggest spending 10 minutes of your time and listen to this doctor explain how vaccines actually work as well as the role that big pharma plays in this. Follow the money as they say.  https://lbry.tv/@SixthSense-Truth-Search-Labs:0/Dr-Andrew-Wakefield-Warns---This-Is-Not-A-Vaccine!:b?fbclid=IwAR3NmzBDaIgn_6HTgsuFHLGcKtWpLgqFhH2A3D_iAi18LrPgP4x6sPxF0-E  Then make up your mind If you think this is just another conspiracy theory.

Cheers

• Like 2

I don't even see a benifit to getting the vaccine right now. So, I get poked, but can still get covid, still spread covid, and still have no rights to do anything?? Yeah, sounds great to me. NOT. 

Then there is the risks involved with getting jabbed with something we don't even know anything about?? Yeah, NOT. 

I am going to trust my immune system, and my common sense on this one. 

S. 

• Like 5

When you live in a less densely populated area, you can make these kinds of decisions for yourself. When you live in an area that has high population density, we are talking about a completely different ball game.

Easy for folks who have little to no chance of exposure to the virus to pass judgment on those who have to live with it every day. I'm not saying you are wrong, just not on the same playing field.

HH

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

When you live in a less densely populated area, you can make these kinds of decisions for yourself. When you live in an area that has high population density, we are talking about a completely different ball game.

Easy for folks who have little to no chance of exposure to the virus to pass judgment on those who have to live with it every day. I'm not saying you are wrong, just not on the same playing field.

HH

Agree 100%.  Some people can self isolate easily because that is the environment they are generally in on a day to day basis. Others not so much. There is no one size fits all for this situation. 

10 hours ago, smitty55 said:

With apologies to the OP as this topic has taken somewhat of a tangent. I had already typed my comment out after catching up the last two pages, then I thought oh yea, this started as a camping thread with a side of lost freedoms.

Is it really even a vaccine? Not the mRNA ones, they have never been approved for human testing even. Normally real vaccines take 5 years for approval, right now they are all being allowed under emergency measures only so this is all an experiment. The Astra Zeneca one has been banned in numerous countries now due to blood clots. Ok here though they say. I highly suggest spending 10 minutes of your time and listen to this doctor explain how vaccines actually work as well as the role that big pharma plays in this. Follow the money as they say.  https://lbry.tv/@SixthSense-Truth-Search-Labs:0/Dr-Andrew-Wakefield-Warns---This-Is-Not-A-Vaccine!:b?fbclid=IwAR3NmzBDaIgn_6HTgsuFHLGcKtWpLgqFhH2A3D_iAi18LrPgP4x6sPxF0-E  Then make up your mind If you think this is just another conspiracy theory.

Cheers

Ohh gawd, how much I would give if I was never directed to watch another damned youtube video giving me the REAL TRUTH. You can be certain after watching one that you will be misinformed.

A vaccine is a jab that protects you. We have heard all this bull before they were even given that they won't work. The proof is in the pudding and the vaccines are working WAY better then imagined. All the rest is story telling. People pretending that they know what they are talking about but they don't. It's tiresome.

Edited by scuro2
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Sinker said:

I don't even see a benifit to getting the vaccine right now.

well there's the Not getting severely ill/dying from covid benefit.

Let me guess, your immune system is awesome? You should tell that to Dan my 33 year old personal trainer life long friend who ended up hospitalized twice, or my 33 year old friend jake Wales national basketball team member who now takes a puffer daily after catching it last november? Really unhealthy old guys they are.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02989-9

Increased testing gives the medical professionals a better handle on knowing who actually has covid and not the flu or a bad cold? It also helps them determine hotspots and trends in the population and perhaps determine areas that may need more resources  to deal with it?

1 hour ago, AKRISONER said:

well there's the Not getting severely ill/dying from covid benefit.

Let me guess, your immune system is awesome? You should tell that to Dan my 33 year old personal trainer life long friend who ended up hospitalized twice, or my 33 year old friend jake Wales national basketball team member who now takes a puffer daily after catching it last november? Really unhealthy old guys they are.

How did they get it? 

1 hour ago, scuro2 said:

Ohh gawd, how much I would give if I was never directed to watch another damned youtube video giving me the REAL TRUTH. You can be certain after watching one that you will be misinformed.

A vaccine is a jab that protects you. We have heard all this bull before they were even given that they won't work. The proof is in the pudding and the vaccines are working WAY better then imagined. All the rest is story telling. People pretending that they know what they are talking about but they don't. It's tiresome.

You should save this for future use :lol:

ralph.JPG

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Sinker said:

How did they get it? 

Dan went and saw him mom and dad early on last year. They ended up being sick and infected him.

Jake doesn’t know, he works from home. He’s always masked up and sanitized etc, just unlucky that he caught it while running errands or something. 

his girlfriend also young and healthy ended up being hospitalized. I’ve never met his gf because he’s back living in wales now so I didn’t mention her experience. He just explained how terrifying it was when he was sick and struggling to breath and then she  was struggling to breathe and it was making him have a panic attack while already struggling to breath and it was simply a giant mess. 

all of these people in their thirties, non smokers, no pre-existing conditions and speaking for jake and Dan, both athletes

• Sad 1

With three distinct viruses, rather than the rather mundane original version and a fourth potentially hitting us here in Canada, I just can't wrap my head around why we haven't locked down the airports to international flights?

Rumblings of putting India on a no fly list, but when?

HH

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

HH

This morning's news said 35 planes from India have landed in Canada in the last 2 weeks.

Edited by lew

4 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

With three distinct viruses, rather than the rather mundane original version and a fourth potentially hitting us here in Canada, I just can't wrap my head around why we haven't locked down the airports to international flights?

HH

Flights certainly weren't stopped today. A flight from India arrived at pearson and almost all were covid positive. Its a friggen floodgate just pouring in. 

Someone needs to step up their game. 

Of the 4000 (ish, whatever) daily cases, 95% of them GTA. Why not just completely shut down the GTA for a few weeks? I mean, shut down, not say shut down but leave everything open.Shut the whole damn place down for a few weeks. Oh yeah, that makes too much sense.....DUH.....

Where I live there has been 6 cases in a year, but we are still shut down just like the GTA. Why? 

Boat launches closed. Why? Ever heard of covid outbreaks from fishing? From a boat launch? Nope. 

Oh man, so much stupidity. Its making me crazy. 

S. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sinker said:

Flights certainly weren't stopped today. A flight from India arrived at pearson and almost all were covid positive. Its a friggen floodgate just pouring in. 

Someone needs to step up their game. 

Of the 4000 (ish, whatever) daily cases, 95% of them GTA. Why not just completely shut down the GTA for a few weeks? I mean, shut down, not say shut down but leave everything open.Shut the whole damn place down for a few weeks. Oh yeah, that makes too much sense.....DUH.....

Where I live there has been 6 cases in a year, but we are still shut down just like the GTA. Why? 

Boat launches closed. Why? Ever heard of covid outbreaks from fishing? From a boat launch? Nope. 

Oh man, so much stupidity. Its making me crazy. 

S. 

Idiot trudope just wants to hold everyone’s hand and sing songs. He’s too afraid it might offend someone if he closes the country. The hell with protecting your own eh. 

1 minute ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Idiot trudope just wants to hold everyone’s hand and sing songs. He’s too afraid it might offend someone if he closes the country. The hell with protecting your own eh. 

He is offending a lot more by being a complete idiot. Grow a set and do something. The guy is so useless. 

Just now, Sinker said:

He is offending a lot more by being a complete idiot. Grow a set and do something. The guy is so useless. 

100 percent agree. It’s insane that 98 percent of this province gets penalized for the gta. I’m sure a golf course in northern Ontario would have a lot of people making the 15 hour one way drive from the gta to go play.