Crown Land camping suspended until further notice

kickingfrog

Trudeau has done nothing, especially on vaccines.  Funny - how Canadian media was blasting US last year on Covid.  How the tide turned.  Sad.  I just want both Countries to get this under control, so I can travel to to Canada again.  Really miss it and the people.

Amazing to me how Canadians can fly to the States, but we can’t fly to Canada.   Trudeau has no clue, especially on his constant lockdowns.  

At least let vaccinated people in when it gets more under control.  Can’t stay buttoned up forever.

59 minutes ago, GregF2 said:

Trudeau has done nothing, especially on vaccines.  Funny - how Canadian media was blasting US last year on Covid.  How the tide turned.  Sad.  I just want both Countries to get this under control, so I can travel to to Canada again.  Really miss it and the people.

Amazing to me how Canadians can fly to the States, but we can’t fly to Canada.   Trudeau has no clue, especially on his constant lockdowns.  

At least let vaccinated people in when it gets more under control.  Can’t stay buttoned up forever.

Trudeau wants to sit in a circle and hold hands singing songs, useless twit. It's his screw ups that has causes all of this hardship. Also, lockdowns don't work but lets keep trying them again and again and again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bassmaster4 said:

So if i tow my boat alone to a body of water 20 minutes away from my house and fish for the day alone, would that be allowed?

I'm not sure if it's allowed now.

I think if you bring your dog and say you're walking it it might be ok but not sure.

I hope so because thats next weeks plan but the police can stop you and ask where you're going.

Thats another problem because I don't want to tell them my secret fishing spots...jeez

• Like 1

I live alone, have been tested several times for covid because of medical appointments, always negitive. I have a piece of property in French River, fully serviced lot and a motor coach. I can literly leave here not have to interact with anyone and stay there for the whole summer without having to go into town but under the current guidelines I am not alowed to do that. I might just risk the fine because at my age who knows how many more summers I might have. 

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

I honestly was planning on going this morning, but decided I just can’t take that risk.  One of those tickets would crush me now.  Glad they closed the golf courses thou.  

Basically every police precinct has said they won’t be enforcing that rule of stoping people and asking where they are going. 

I’m sorry how is golf a super spreader? Or a kids playground. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, OhioFisherman said:

We don't have 10 times the population of Canada, but more than 20 times the deaths? They can't be screwing things up too badly?

Our infection rate has now surpassed the US infection rate. This is strong evidence that vaccinations work. Our death rate is still way below the US death rate. I do agree that all the outdoor restrictions are counter productive, on the other hand the alternative of no lockdown to curb outbreaks has been proven time and time again around the world to boost your death rate within hospitals to about 10% and lead to many other deaths from other conditions.

Edited by scuro2
  • Like 1

On 4/16/2021 at 12:12 PM, wkrp said:

All you have to do is look south of the border who has fully vaccinated twice of our population  and we are not even sitting at 30% with only single vaccinations in Canada and the trust fund kid in Ottawa is telling us he has our backs while he continues patting his own back . Give me a break!

Yes, as a nation we were stupid to become dependent on other nations for vaccinations. Most people don't know that our Pfizer and Monderna supply comes from Europe because the American plants will give us none of their created supply. It has led to delays in our contracted totals. If you wonder why the Europeans are cheesed it's because both the US and GB expect that Canada and other nations get supplied from their European plants. In England's case it is insisting that the Astra Zenca produced in Europe only go to the UK first till they are fully vaccinated.

So you can rightly blame our government for many things but not supply issues.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Basically every police precinct has said they won’t be enforcing that rule of stoping people and asking where they are going. 

I’m sorry how is golf a super spreader? Or a kids playground. 

Golf courses are no way super spreaders.  Just couldn't understand last weekend trying to find a launch cause a bunch that I use were closed down, but golf courses were allowed open.  Both are similar to eachother I think and don't cause much of a threat.  As with being pulled over is the OPP still following through with issuing tickets?  I may be wrong

12 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Golf courses are no way super spreaders.  Just couldn't understand last weekend trying to find a launch cause a bunch that I use were closed down, but golf courses were allowed open.  Both are similar to eachother I think and don't cause much of a threat.  As with being pulled over is the OPP still following through with issuing tickets?  I may be wrong

Almost every precinct has said they will not be pulling people over just because. 

• Like 2

But if a cop does check you for some reason you may be in for it. This morning the news loop interviewed an infectious disease doctor from Trillium down here in the GTA and he said he deals with covid patients and he said they all got the virus from crowded work places or from folks who brought it home from crowded work places. He said it's better to get us outside where more distance is than have us at home crowded with others to more easily spread the virus if one had it.

Oh and the vaccine has neither proven to be safe nor effective from all I have read. Our PM was even joked about by US reporters for responding to whether we can stop with masks and social distancing when all are vaccinated.... he replied that ....no we can't cuz over in the UK even though vaccinations have been massive the cases are growing fast.

A US expert when asked why cases aren't down due to vaccinations and she said the vaccine effect is a delayed one. what the heck!!

When Fausi was asked why Texas has lower cases yet ended lock down a while ago he said maybe cuz they're outside more.....he made no mention that maybe the vaccine is helping. 

Things sure are confusing. 

Edited by cisco

2 hours ago, cisco said:

...Oh and the vaccine has neither proven to be safe nor effective from all I have read. Our PM was even joked about by US reporters for responding to whether we can stop with masks and social distancing when all are vaccinated.... he replied that ....no we can't cuz over in the UK even though vaccinations have been massive the cases are growing fast.

A US expert when asked why cases aren't down due to vaccinations and she said the vaccine effect is a delayed one. what the heck!!

When Fausi was asked why Texas has lower cases yet ended lock down a while ago he said maybe cuz they're outside more.....he made no mention that maybe the vaccine is helping. 

Things sure are confusing. 

I have some questions about the points you made.

How many millions of doses of vaccine have been given out and how many cases of blood clots are there in Canada? Is there any vaccine that is 100% totally safe? What are your odds of dying if you get covid19 and you are not vaccinated, and what are your odds of dying if you have been vaccinated? Who has claimed that vaccinations gives everyone a 100% immunity? The infection rate is way down in the UK, who claims that it is going way up? Only a 1/3 of all Americans have been vaccinated, why should the virus disappear instantly there now? Infection rates are dropping in southern states but rising in northern states, could Faucci be right?

Things seem crystal clear to me. vaccinations work.

With regards to Covid19, the US was a dumpster fire but now look at them. Even with many states having few or no restrictions their infection rate has gone way down and levelled off.

Edited by scuro2

How's everyone enjoying the erosion of your rights and freedoms?  I'm beginning to wonder about this virus. last year I was fairly concerned, mostly for my folks... then people I know got Covid.. a few dozen over the past 12 months last time I counted - no one died. Worst case characterized as a 3 week nasty flu.. most others said mild to moderate symptoms, some no symptoms.. yes, the elderly were hit hard in the homes.. but this is not the first time a flu outbreak has killed elderly people in Canada.  If you can trust the numbers, 3 million deaths out of 8 Billion people.  That ranks pretty average and even on the low side of other diseases killing people.  By the way, more people died of drug overdoses on BC last week than Covid.  

I don't know.. this seems like a massive overreaction. Some must be benefiting large from this otherwise there wouldn't  be so much attention. 

Schools should not be closed. ALL students should be back in class. This is terrible for young people and equally bad for business and the economy. Wait til the bill is calculated!  Are we mortgaging the future of our children? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

I honestly was planning on going this morning, but decided I just can’t take that risk.  One of those tickets would crush me now.  Glad they closed the golf courses thou.  

The order was amended overnight.  You can’t be arbitrarily stopped to be asked where your going.  No Police service save the OPP (and that’s questionable) was going to support a breach of charter rights anyway and they all came out and said it.  It was terrible egg on the face of the government and they should have known better.  That said you can still get gonged for failing to comply with an order if your engaged in some nonsense like a big party etc.  A guy quietly fishing on his own isn’t nonsense.  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, siwash said:

....3 million deaths out of 8 Billion people.  That ranks pretty average and even on the low side of other diseases killing people.

If you compare a virus to diseases like cancer then yes, CV19 is no big deal death wise. If you compare CV19 to other virus' that kill people then CV19 is a major killer and is anything but, "average". The only thing that compares to it is AIDS, otherwise you have to go back to the Spanish flu of 1918. We did next to nothing to stop AIDS  and we have a similar yearly death rate with AIDS at it's peak. On the other hand we've got 3 million dead and the world has taken extraordinary steps to slow this virus down, what if nothing had been done?

Countries like Brazil and India are getting clobbered right now and in India's case it might take 4 years to vaccinate enough of the population to achieve herd immunity. There now is a specific Indian variant. We in the west will be okay because we can vaccinate against future variants. We are not done with CV19 yet and are probably only in the middle innings. This pandemic is one for the history books. Say 5 to 10 million dead is a BIG deal

Edited by scuro2
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, LostAnotherOne said:

I live in a small village, and yesterday there were lots of people outside, standing around in clusters just 2 feet apart. Like nothings happening. I saw a few OPP stopping in at a house that had a pile of trucks parked out front....so maybe they are issuing tickets

10 hours ago, scuro2 said:

I have some questions about the points you made.

How many millions of doses of vaccine have been given out and how many cases of blood clots are there in Canada? Is there any vaccine that is 100% totally safe? What are your odds of dying if you get covid19 and you are not vaccinated, and what are your odds of dying if you have been vaccinated? Who has claimed that vaccinations gives everyone a 100% immunity? The infection rate is way down in the UK, who claims that it is going way up? Only a 1/3 of all Americans have been vaccinated, why should the virus disappear instantly there now? Infection rates are dropping in southern states but rising in northern states, could Faucci be right?

Things seem crystal clear to me. vaccinations work.

With regards to Covid19, the US was a dumpster fire but now look at them. Even with many states having few or no restrictions their infection rate has gone way down and levelled off.

Here are some points where Fauci, that US lady expert and our PM are quoted and on video. 

Sure the vid is from Utbe and Tucker calson but the vids are of the experts and our PM. https://video.foxnews.com/v/6248922358001#sp=show-clips

US lady expert at 7:10

Fauci re Texas 8:00

Our PM re the UK  12:20

We should be very happy that pressure applied got Ford to relax some outdoor activity allowances. Many of us are doing what we can to push for outdoor activity rather than indoor virus transmission. We need listen to doctors who treat patients and do proper demographic research to focus on problems rather than imposing broad brush restrictions that are ineffective stopping virus transmission but highly effective re harming our mental health, employment/economy, schooling and so forth.

Edited by cisco
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, cisco said:

Here are some points where Fauci, that US lady expert and our PM are quoted and on video. 

Sure the vid is from Utbe and Tucker calson but the vids are of the experts and our PM.

We should be very happy that pressure applied got Ford to relax some outdoor activity allowances. Many of us are doing what we can to push for outdoor activity rather than indoor virus transmission. We need listen to doctors who treat patients and do proper demographic research to focus on problems rather than imposing broad brush restrictions that are ineffective stopping virus transmission but highly effective re harming our mental health, employment/economy, schooling and so forth.

There is Fox news and everything else at Fox which they classify as opinion shows. When sued programs like Tucker's claim it is an entertainment show. Their defence is we can't be held accountable to any fact even if our misinformation inadvertently kills people. People know it's all Bull.

Looking at the specific clips you provided all three are making the point that we can't stop with masks even when a significant portion of the population has been vaccinated. Transmission is still occurring in all states, and in a number of states rates are still going up even with vaccinations because of the new variants. They are far more contagious. Israel with a 54% vaccination rate only today stated that you no longer need to wear masks outside. A very small percentage of people who have been vaccinated still have died or been hospitalized. Most will not get sick but those who do can still transmit CV19. The percentages go way down but they don't disappear.

Otherwise I agree with the second half of your response. :)

10 hours ago, siwash said:

Schools should not be closed. ALL students should be back in class. This is terrible for young people and equally bad for business and the economy. Wait til the bill is calculated!  Are we mortgaging the future of our children? 

Well, given that the vast majority of teachers, Admin and support staff are still in line waiting for their vax, please feel free to help out by grabbing a book, sitting in a room for 300 minutes a day with 25 potentially positive kids. Then, feel free to bring it home and share with your family.

I have to believe that it is far better for kids to not attend family funerals, then to be remote learning.

HH

• Like 6