Crown Land camping suspended until further notice

kickingfrog

https://www.ontario.ca/page/recreational-activities-on-crown-land

Hunting and fishing are allowed.

Recreational camping prohibited on public land

Recreational camping is prohibited on public land, including Crown land until further notice. This is to stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus and protect the health and well-being of Ontarians.

Under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act, you cannot:

• camp for recreational purposes on public (Crown) land administered by Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry under the Public Lands Act
  • occupy tents or other camping structures, such as trailers, recreational vehicles and watercraft equipped for overnight accommodation

The prohibition will remain in place until further notice. We will continue to monitor the situation and re-evaluate if further actions are required.

This prohibition of recreational camping does not affect:

• the exercising of Aboriginal or treaty rights
  • temporary outdoor accommodations necessary for the operation of essential services and businesses such as forestry operations
  • using public land for day use activities, like exercise, consistent with the stay-at-home order
  • where written authorization (for example leases or land use permits) has been issued by the ministry to occupy public lands.

Get the latest COVID-19 updates.

57 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

ya...it was kind of a joke...but not really. The world has gone absolutely insane. As a funeral director I have seen FAR more overdoses the last couple months than covid deaths. What are we doing about that?

Rizzo, really wow? I am very over all of this Covid stuff and lockdowns that do nothing... So I can't camp in the middle of nowhere but I can fly in from anywhere in the world to Pearson Airport... K got it...

Sick of the mixed messages everyday and the press conferences daily that they make sure to tell you too tune in next week because there might be another announcement about an announcement.

It's like they are trying to confuse and divide us all on purpose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fisherman said:

Pick on the easy ones, really unlikely there will be massive crowds with this weather.  Beginning to wonder about other activities.  Wonder if I'll be allowed to wash and wax my car.

Careful you might make a Super Variant with the combinations of Soap and Wax and Air. :)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Sick of the mixed messages everyday and the press conferences daily that they make sure to tell you too tune in next week because there might be another announcement about an announcement.

Tell me about it. So I AM allowed to go fishing, but I am NOT allowed to go to my cottage. What if I go fishing at my cottage? So confused

I'm guessing the "blanket" no you can't is thanks to the 100's of RV's that gathered in certain spots on Crown land. Generally the old gravel pit area on Rabbit Lake Rd South of Temagami has one or two trailers parked on it in a Summer. Last year there was close to a 100 jammed into the one spot like a small village. We were strictly flying back and forth last Summer, so we had no requirement to stop anywhere. Leah and I spotted MANY such places on Crown land down trails and logging roads, from Parry Sound to Temagami. Dozens and dozens of trailers congregated together where we'd never seen a single one in 16 years of flying the same route..

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Fisherman said:

Sure you can go fishing at your cottage,  just no going inside, lol.

Like when the dentist says "your teeth are ok; but your gums have to come out"

So confused at times what to believe.   Hard to decide at times whether "to go for a sh#t or wind my watch."

• Haha 1

Pretty soon they will be telling us to plug all our orifices. The only problem is they cant supply us with vaccines and they are turning their ineptness and uselessness onto us to solve the problem. Not our fault. Rant over and out

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wkrp said:

Pretty soon they will be telling us to plug all our orifices. The only problem is they cant supply us with vaccines and they are turning their ineptness and uselessness onto us to solve the problem. Not our fault. Rant over and out

It sure has been super pathetic all of it. They also love to spin it that they are doing an amazing job, that’s embarrassing. 

• Like 1

All you have to do is look south of the border who has fully vaccinated twice of our population  and we are not even sitting at 30% with only single vaccinations in Canada and the trust fund kid in Ottawa is telling us he has our backs while he continues patting his own back . Give me a break!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, wkrp said:

All you have to do is look south of the border who has fully vaccinated twice of our population  and we are not even sitting at 30% with only single vaccinations in Canada and the trust fund kid in Ottawa is telling us he has our backs while he continues patting his own back . Give me a break!

The states a couple Saturdays ago did like 4 million that day, Ontario has done that since the end of December