What are some great Shore Fishing Spots near GTA?

Flixx

I’ve never had great success fishing from the shore previously, does anyone have shore spots that actually produce bass, walleye or pike? I know the season is still closed right now but once it opens it would be great to know some good new spots.

• Like 1

My advice would be to go out and explore. Look at the bodies of water that you're interested in on Google maps and then go check them out. Good shore spots are hard to find these days so when people do find them they tend not to give them away. Also, there are plenty of conservation areas that offer decent shore fishing. 

8 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Classic first post “give me your spots”

Actually first and second posts, obviously he can't be bothered to put in any leg work like most folks do. On one FB fishing group I'm in asking that or giving away spots gets you booted.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I've spent 20 years shore fishing the GTA and pretty much everywhere you can legally access Lake Ontario in the GTA will hold fish. Pike are around all year, especially in cooler seasons. You have hundreds of KM to explore in and around the GTA. Personally, I like to start near Marinas. These spots often provide some deeper water and less snags. Be sure to have a net, as many areas will be tough to land fish otherwise. I also recommend using rods over 8 feet to get the most out of your casts! For lures, spoons, spinnerbaits, swimbaits...

1 hour ago, mepps said:

I've spent 20 years shore fishing the GTA and pretty much everywhere you can legally access Lake Ontario in the GTA will hold fish. Pike are around all year, especially in cooler seasons. You have hundreds of KM to explore in and around the GTA. Personally, I like to start near Marinas. These spots often provide some deeper water and less snags. Be sure to have a net, as many areas will be tough to land fish otherwise. I also recommend using rods over 8 feet to get the most out of your casts! For lures, spoons, spinnerbaits, swimbaits...

LOL..you can give the shore spots away now that you have a boat

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dara said:

LOL..you can give the shore spots away now that you have a boat

Why is it that shore fisherman spend their lives casting as far as they can out into the water while guys in boats love to cast towards shore?

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Why is it that shore fisherman spend their lives casting as far as they can out into the water while guys in boats love to cast towards shore?

Same reason I get into my boat and go across the other side of the lake lol, the better fish are always somewhere else lol. Makes ya think. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A quick google of "Toronto Urban Fishing" takes you to a website that has a lot of info. No promise that they aren't all fished out or heavily pressured. But I don't think you can't be too picky if your just making accounts on forums to ask for spots.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:25 PM, LefroyFisherman said:

Same reason I get into my boat and go across the other side of the lake lol, the better fish are always somewhere else lol. Makes ya think. 

If my only choice was to fish from shore, I wouldn’t fish. All I want to do is get the spot I can’t cast to. 

i guess I’m lazy. Boat, canoe, kayak, float tube, toon...gotta be mobile.