Boat Ladder

Freshtrax

Hey everyone. 

Just put a kicker on my 19ft legend.  Removed the swim platform/ladder  to have a spot to land fish at the back on the other side. I    Like the idea of having a ladder for kids when tubing ect and not a rope one.   So many options out there anyone have experiance with a small fold up ladder on back of transom.   I've looked for days and can't seem to find one I like. 

I don’t find the platform gets in the way at all when landing fish, I just use an 8 foot extension.  I wouldn’t be without it, and I bet my boat is similar at the rear to yours.  I’d put it back 😂.    My buddy has a little fold up on his Lund, it does the job but it’s not as nice for swimmin as the platform!

1 hour ago, grimsbylander said:

I might have left it on. On a high gunnel boat I like the idea of having a good solid ladder because hey, you never know. Not the first guy to go overboard reaching for something. Safety first.

This exactly. Solo fishing, cold water or injured or tired from swimming back to the boat. Last thing you wanna do is to try fishing around with your arm looking for the ladder you’ve got stashed folded beside side the seat, or worse. You never know

wow you guys are nice! I tell my kids to step on the flat piece just above the prop and pull themselves in. Having said that, we only tube or ski once or twice a year, and I have teenage boys. If it was a regular thing, I might consider a ladder as well