Accessing the "Frost Centre" lakes...

siwash

Hey folks it's been many years since I've been there and I understand that the centre was sold but I am assuming you can still freely access the lakes? I am going in just for a day trip with a kayak on the Kennisis side of the area. Is there anything I should be aware of?

thanks

Spent many days at that camp going to university, 2 weeks spring camp every year '69-'73, forest surveys stuff and land surveying and other forestry stuff, hiked over most of it, climbed the ranger tower. I never had a rod but do recall some guys getting some small specs in the creek that dumps in Nora right at the school.

I read that OPSEU (prov govt union) bought the property and buildings on the hwy 35 side.  I have a cottage on the west side of Kennisis and access the lakes in the former Frost Centre at the dam going into Red Pine Lake. 

16 hours ago, turtle said:

I read that OPSEU (prov govt union) bought the property and buildings on the hwy 35 side.  I have a cottage on the west side of Kennisis and access the lakes in the former Frost Centre at the dam going into Red Pine Lake. 

Yes, OPSEU did buy it. Doesn't affect access at all as the boat launch at the old Frost Centre was not part of the sale.