lock down or go fishing

6 hours ago, porkpie said:

Live your life according to what you think is best.  Stop worrying what other fishermen think.  You’ll only get conflicting opinions.

Yup this .

Neighbor is going golfing as it is allowed,I am going fishing . It will be local though .Atleast I am fishing .

• Like 1

How can you travel with all the covid (Latin term for flue virus) bodies in the streets. The morgues are over full, the hospitals are jam packed causing traffic issues for miles. How can you get around all that mayhem ? (Narrative of the news agencies)

Reality is much different.

Go fishing, enjoy yourself, reset your mind.

As a side note, everyone in Ontario  who has challenged a lockdown ticket has had all charges dropped 

This is a Hot topic post that may be erased to avoid issues

9 minutes ago, scuro2 said:

Interesting....I do know that if you are from the GTA they don't want you coming to their county!

Yes, this is true,  but we feel this way at any time of year, pandemic or not 😀😀😆😊😂😜.  (And if they smilies weren’t enough, for greater clarity, I’m just having fun)

Edited by porkpie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, porkpie said:

Yes, this is true,  but we feel this way at any time of year, pandemic or not 😀😀😆😊😂😜.  (And if they smilies weren’t enough, for greater clarity, I’m just having fun)

It is totally different now, I know some cottagers who avoid local shops during the pandemic because they are made to not feel welcome within local shops by local customers. It seems that the locals know the score. Could it be that if you live in a small community you know the Drs and nurses personally who work the front lines and they will set you straight on misinformation narratives so common on the internets.

Edited by scuro2

Maybe so, my town is one town over from a tourist trap.  Whenever I drive through on a weekend the only thing I curse is the traffic it generates.  Otherwise I’m glad to see the shops busy and local businesses making money.  The only thing I don’t like about City people is when they move out and decide they want things to be like they where in the city.  A few weeks back at a town council they where discussing bike lanes.  We need that like we need a hole in our heads.  The only people that ride bikes around here to get places are of an age where sidewalk riding is perfectly acceptable.  Leave the city ideas in the city and all is well!

Dont be an idiot, keep your stops to a minimum. gas up at home, Go enjoy some fishing.

By the way golf was originally banned until a bunch of rich guys at the “Ontario golf association” lobbied the pc’s. this is on record. 

just because the OFAH isn’t as rich as the golf association doesn’t mean you shouldn’t live your life. If anything you going fishing alone is safer than golfing with your buddies.

1 hour ago, porkpie said:

Maybe so, my town is one town over from a tourist trap.  Whenever I drive through on a weekend the only thing I curse is the traffic it generates.  Otherwise I’m glad to see the shops busy and local businesses making money.  The only thing I don’t like about City people is when they move out and decide they want things to be like they where in the city.  A few weeks back at a town council they where discussing bike lanes.  We need that like we need a hole in our heads.  The only people that ride bikes around here to get places are of an age where sidewalk riding is perfectly acceptable.  Leave the city ideas in the city and all is well!

I live near Almonte and that's exactly what has happened here with all the citiots moving out of Ottawa and then not agreeing withe country way of living. Then they run for town council and try and make it like a liberal haven. They put bike lanes in town that never get used and ended up costing all the residents their on street parking. Then what has happened is that all the canoe head gangs come out to Almonte and fill up all the local parking areas along the river and take their bikes out on all the rural roads and act like they own the roads. Then they go back to town, load their bikes up and then leave without spending a cent on local business. I see them all the time going by my place lately.

We have had to many people taking sides and arguing about covid rules. With this in mind we are limiting the number of threads as they are causing hurt feelings and arguments. I am sure there are many other places that you can find to have this inflamatory subject discussed. 

Thanks 

Art

• Like 2