Covid travel

If this travel ban continues into the summer I'm wondering if it will include folks travelling around Ontario for vacation. We rent a cabin up on Nippissing for a couple weeks every June & August like thousands of other folks in Ontario and will they say it's not essential and we're not allowed to go ?

If folks are told they can't travel to pre-booked places will they get their deposits back ?

There's so many "if's" with this ban it's hard to figure what's included.

I'm all for doing what's necessary to stop this virus but sometimes Ford seems to go too far.

WTH????????????

Made a quick trip to get some essentials . Thought I would take the hwy. On and off, just see the traffic . I went from Essa rd to Mapleview rd. Counted 5 boats and about a 1/2 doz ATV, on trailers going north bound. Yup,stay home and local is working . Road here is pretty much per the norm as far as weekend travel goes .

4 hours ago, lew said:

If this travel ban continues into the summer I'm wondering if it will include folks travelling around Ontario for vacation. We rent a cabin up on Nippissing for a couple weeks every June & August like thousands of other folks in Ontario and will they say it's not essential and we're not allowed to go ?

If folks are told they can't travel to pre-booked places will they get their deposits back ?

There's so many "if's" with this ban it's hard to figure what's included.

I'm all for doing what's necessary to stop this virus but sometimes Ford seems to go too far.

I'm not sure it's Ford going too far; I live in a community of about 140 units. A neighbour (retired cop and should know better) just got home from Florida, got in the car with his son and went into town. Later had a bunch of friends stop by for a beer then the son took off to see a couple of buddies. I have missed so many family firsts because I don't want to take a chance that I might be part of the problem then I watch idiots doing crap like this. 😡

18 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

I'm not sure it's Ford going too far; I live in a community of about 140 units. A neighbour (retired cop and should know better) just got home from Florida, got in the car with his son and went into town. Later had a bunch of friends stop by for a beer then the son took off to see a couple of buddies. I have missed so many family firsts because I don't want to take a chance that I might be part of the problem then I watch idiots doing crap like this. 😡

this is what really pisses me off. Many of us like you Cliff are doing our part to help keep numbers down, and selfish idiots like this are wry we've probably never going to get back below 1000. I'm getting my AZ in a couple of hours, but it's not a free pass to freedom. masks and sanitizer will be my SOP for the rest of the year afaic.

Interviews with regional police forces on the TV today indicate that they have no intention of pulling people over, whether driving, riding or walking. In fact, many of them have not even seen the legislation to which they are charged with enforcing.

HH

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, woodenboater said:

this is what really pisses me off. Many of us like you Cliff are doing our part to help keep numbers down, and selfish idiots like this are wry we've probably never going to get back below 1000. I'm getting my AZ in a couple of hours, but it's not a free pass to freedom. masks and sanitizer will be my SOP for the rest of the year afaic.

Congratulations on getting your AZ, I know what a challange it is and now the fun really starts.  Started driving trucks at 15 on a twin stick Mack 😊, I finally gave it up five years ago when Sue got sick and Young and Eglington construction sites were not what I wanted to do anymore. I do still miss it though but not the long days or idiots. Stay safe both on the road and off !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Cliff said:

Congratulations on getting your AZ, I know what a challange it is and now the fun really starts.  Started driving trucks at 15 on a twin stick Mack 😊, I finally gave it up five years ago when Sue got sick and Young and Eglington construction sites were not what I wanted to do anymore. I do still miss it though but not the long days or idiots. Stay safe both on the road and off !

Often wondered why Mack used the twin and even triple shifters when other MFGs were using 9-10 speed road rangers.

well the jab was much better than the flu jab or blood draw haha. and the pharmacist was wonderful. hope the next 20 days fly by with no probs ;) 

was really hoping for Pfizer, but with the cases in Ontario going ballistic, and not being able to get it until late May/June.. well AstraZeneca was the better choice. don't really wanna be hospitalized, or on a hi flow nasal canula...or worse. 

fwiw, recall has plots of doses and some places are even walk in. don't play the game and wait for Pfizer, get whatever you can.

• Like 1