Boat sold and time to move on

So the boat is sold (waiting on the other half of the payment in the next day or two so it's still here locked up tight). I guess it's time I look into fixing up my messed up teeth. Any local leads for good work at good rates?  I'm in the Lindsay area. They need to come out and I turn into an 'old man' as my little sister Nancy says and do dentures if they cost less and are less invasive. I have to make choices to make me better for my wife Sue and I in the long haul and we have our wind therapy toys and have a use of a boat at my parents. So selling a boat I have been trying to have for many years but my EX always said no is a hard task. I wanted it, I finally got it, but due to health I let it sit, unused. So the week is here it goes to a new home. Bitter sweet. BUT the EX did also say I would never have any form of a motorcycle and I'm on ride number two now with the going from the FZ07 to the Ryker Ace 900. I think I need to hit the road on it this weekend as part of my wind therapy of the sale of the boat... I'm sure Sue will agree if the weather holds as to the forecast.

169961923_10158903427961253_4915671958318712424_n.jpg

Edited by GBW

• 1 month later...

So, for those wondering, I REALLY LIKE this Ryker!  I took it to work and back today (1.5KM shy of 200KM total round trip).  I have made a few more minor changes to it too like remove the red/black wind defuser and get a small sport windshield.  A world of difference on the 407!  Leaving at 6:30'ish AM I think I need to get some cool/cold weather golves...  My summer one's didn't keep my hands warm and even worse in the cold valley's.  

So for anyone thinking about one of these, I'm very happy with it and I'm already over 1200KM on it.  

Crop of May 12 2021.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mamona said:

Enjoy your ride, it looks like one of Batmobiles :) The windshield it is really good upgrade. Did you do any other improvements?

Yes, Hood LED light kit, LED drive lights, K&N air filter, grill, lower grill skid plate, the hand guards, rear MaxMount, Cargo case, performance exhaust and I now have the tuning chip/computer.   

8 hours ago, mamona said:

Sounds bada$$! Chip tuning... Does it mean your batmobile will get 0–100 km/h in 2s? :)

Yeah, pretty much.  It can do it already in under 10, even in ECO mode.  I have learned a lot speding time on it as to how much time and space I need to pass and so forth.  I can easliy spin the rear going out of a 60K zone and fishtail till I get to my desired speed.  In sport mode I can really burn off the rear even at higher speeds (pre-tune).  But, I have learnt to behave ;)  

*edit to add*  PS, I can drift it on turns too...  HAHA

Edited by GBW

50 minutes ago, GBW said:

*edit to add*  PS, I can drift it on turns too...  HAHA

Be careful out there Geoff, a lady I know was killed a month ago riding her motorcycle when she hit a pickup while going around a curve.

39 minutes ago, lew said:

Be careful out there Geoff, a lady I know was killed a month ago riding her motorcycle when she hit a pickup while going around a curve.

Sorry to hear Lew and trust me, now that I did it one time when 1st learning this bike, I don't do it on purpose.  

Edited by GBW

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How many teeth can you buy for the price of your toys? Listen to me I sound like my father 40 some odd years ago. I know it's fun now but like many seniors they are kicking themselves today thinking about what they could have done with that "toy" money 40 years ago. My buds were buying toys and I was buying boring houses. I retired at 45 and some of them are still working today paying for toys they scraped years ago. Have fun but be smart G.  

Oh OI I have pocketed my ernings from my past and hence why I can do the toys and still not fret on how things are.  I was at the bank today making sure all my affairs are in order, took the 2 wheeled one out after...   

245718732_10159292764281253_2468098578328729040_n.jpg

245768646_10159292764196253_651048264654561661_n.jpg