vaccine first round done

I booked into Canada’s Wonderland, appointment at 12:50 arrived at 12:15 after seeing the earlier lineups at other centres and the new hospital always booked! It was amazingly organized and I was out at 12:44. Went back Thursday with my wife and the same thing. She was at 3 and we left at 2:45.

Going back in July for round two. 
I got Pfiszer and she got Maderna. No side affect at all, not even pain at the injection site. 

Keep well. 

• Like 5

I got mine on Friday and the Mrs. goes tomorrow and then we're both booked in for mid July.

Mine was the Pfizer and they told me that's what my wife will get also.

Nice to start the protection process...if that's the term 

2 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

I can't even get an apointment out here, mass confusion. Haldimand On. 

It looks like Haldimand and Norfolk are using their own booking tool, not the provincial one, but they do offer online booking to people 70 and over (I have no idea how old you are):

“The HNHU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Online Booking tool is now live. The online booking tool allows eligible candidates to book their vaccination appointment online at any of the mass clinic or hospital hub sites. The Online Booking tool is available here: https://hnhu.org/covid19vaccine/.”

Source: https://hnhu.org/health-topic/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccination-rollout-in-haldimand-and-norfolk/

They also offer a stand-by wait list if you’re open to a short notice dash out for your vaccine.

“The Haldimand-Norfolk Vaccine Task Force has launched a waitlist to ensure all available vaccine doses are administered. Currently, we are accepting the names and contact information for individuals who are aged 65-69 years (born in the years 1952-1956.)”

www.hnhu.org/vaccinewaitlist

If you are under 70, you may be able to book an AstraZeneca shot at a pharmacy (if you are at least 55 years old). There’s at least 3 pharmacies in each health unit.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

Edited by MJIG
Added wait list paragraph

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2021 at 11:03 AM, MJIG said:

It looks like Haldimand and Norfolk are using their own booking tool, not the provincial one, but they do offer online booking to people 70 and over (I have no idea how old you are):

“The HNHU’s COVID-19 Vaccination Online Booking tool is now live. The online booking tool allows eligible candidates to book their vaccination appointment online at any of the mass clinic or hospital hub sites. The Online Booking tool is available here: https://hnhu.org/covid19vaccine/.”

Source: https://hnhu.org/health-topic/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccination-rollout-in-haldimand-and-norfolk/

They also offer a stand-by wait list if you’re open to a short notice dash out for your vaccine.

“The Haldimand-Norfolk Vaccine Task Force has launched a waitlist to ensure all available vaccine doses are administered. Currently, we are accepting the names and contact information for individuals who are aged 65-69 years (born in the years 1952-1956.)”

www.hnhu.org/vaccinewaitlist

If you are under 70, you may be able to book an AstraZeneca shot at a pharmacy (if you are at least 55 years old). There’s at least 3 pharmacies in each health unit.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations

Booked online for an apointment on April 5th through Hauwers Pharmacy in Dunnville where the pharmacy administers the shot. I got a call that week looking for me. I was in the ICU in Brantford, another story for another time. I checked emails today going back 2 plus weeks and saw a request from the pharmacy for me to book a appointment. I am schedued for a shot in the arm for this comng Monday at noon. 

I talked to my eldery aunt in Western NY today, she is in her early 80"s and has already recieved both shots required. She said many of my cousins have had both shots already. As young as early 50's. 

On 4/4/2021 at 5:39 PM, ketchenany said:

I booked into Canada’s Wonderland, appointment at 12:50 arrived at 12:15 after seeing the earlier lineups at other centres and the new hospital always booked! It was amazingly organized and I was out at 12:44. Went back Thursday with my wife and the same thing. She was at 3 and we left at 2:45.

Going back in July for round two. 
I got Pfiszer and she got Maderna. No side affect at all, not even pain at the injection site. 

Keep well. 

I had no side effects on the 1st Pfizer, the second round didn't make me sick but zero energy for about 36 hours and it was sore at the injection site for a day or so.  After 36 hours everything was fine.

I've had both shots of Moderna and am still alive which is nice. It's good living in the NWT. So far there have been 74 cases of COVID since they started counting them in March of 2020. There were likely quite a few before they started counting though. So far just over 70% of people over 18 have had at least one shot and nearly 40% have had both.

The NWT has been doing what Ontario has just started to do with the provincial borders for more than a year now. Between that and 14 day isolation if you leave the territory the #'s have been kept low. The bulk of our cases have been due to infected Southern mine workers coming here for their shifts. Luckily they have no interaction with us locals as they fly straight to the mines.

2 hours ago, DRIFTER_016 said:

I've had both shots of Moderna and am still alive which is nice. It's good living in the NWT. So far there have been 74 cases of COVID since they started counting them in March of 2020. There were likely quite a few before they started counting though. So far just over 70% of people over 18 have had at least one shot and nearly 40% have had both.

The NWT has been doing what Ontario has just started to do with the provincial borders for more than a year now. Between that and 14 day isolation if you leave the territory the #'s have been kept low. The bulk of our cases have been due to infected Southern mine workers coming here for their shifts. Luckily they have no interaction with us locals as they fly straight to the mines.

keep well Dave. That cabin needs you for lots of years to come.

A

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Cliff,  got nothing from both shots. I have had a flue shot for the last 30+ years and they NEVER said what brand it is. NOW we have this idea that one is better than the other. Which is probably the reason why some people are not getting  it. Yes some people do get reactions and some have lost their lives. The lives saves outnumber those situations. 
Hopefully clinical studies show that we only have to get it done once. Our leaders should prepare and learn that this may not be the last. canada should build our own facilities to manufacture PPEs and vaccines and not depend on other suppliers. Like saving for a rainy day which always comes.

keep well. 

Am Team Astra-Moderna as of last week. Astra was nappy time for a day. Moderna, sore arm then middle of the night, felt like I was run over by a tank. Aches all over. Next day at work, was totally lethargic, no energy. Day after, everything was back to normal. So one night of hell, then Boom, gone. Considering most cases in hospitals now are unvaccinated people, beyond glad to be double dosed. Delta is the wild card.

17 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Cliff,  got nothing from both shots. I have had a flue shot for the last 30+ years and they NEVER said what brand it is. NOW we have this idea that one is better than the other. Which is probably the reason why some people are not getting  it. Yes some people do get reactions and some have lost their lives. The lives saves outnumber those situations. 
Hopefully clinical studies show that we only have to get it done once. Our leaders should prepare and learn that this may not be the last. canada should build our own facilities to manufacture PPEs and vaccines and not depend on other suppliers. Like saving for a rainy day which always comes.

keep well. 

I believe Sanofi-Pasteur is building a new facility in the GTA, iirc. Also believe N95 respirators will be made here as well, if they aren't already. 

I'll be masking till 2022, and am using these masks/respirators. Feel safer using them over blue surgical and cloth masks.  https://soomlab-korea.com

18 minutes ago, woodenboater said:

Moderna, sore arm then middle of the night, felt like I was run over by a tank. Aches all over. Next day at work, was totally lethargic, no energy. Day after, everything was back to normal. So one night of hell, then Boom, gone. 

That was pretty close to my experience with mRNA shot #2. I couldn’t sleep on the injection arm, and the day after felt pretty rough and achy and I registered a 38 C fever too. Then, the second day after the shot, everything was back to normal.  I’m still in the 2 week post-vaccine period prior to reaching the expected immunity boost. 

Edited by MJIG
  • Like 1