eBay Curado DC

boombap

The time has come to finally try one of these out. There’s a bunch of sellers on eBay selling them new for a great price. Quite a bit cheaper than what I would pay here. Most are 2018 models.. don’t think there’s been any changes to them. Anyone know if these are legit? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/2018-Shimano-Curado-DC-150-151-150HG-151HG-150XG-151XG-low-profile-fishing-reel/323717407930?hash=item4b5f0fa4ba:g:qbMAAOSwqNJbY8Xa

• 3 weeks later...

I’m pretty sure these ones listed on eBay are legit. Could be wrong tho. I have to tell these reels are pretty slick. I have always been a fan of the Curado reels since the old green ones and now 20 years later that’s all I have. I hope the curado Dc is as good as the other generations with with its durability. Considering I have 4 of them now  lol. The SLX dc is almost as nice , casts a country mile and has a nice light frame and compact size. You may want to consider that one to save a bit of cash 

ive got a connect that can get it to you cheaper, or if you are interested the new curado xg that came out this year also cheaper. Shoot me a message if you are interested.

Also the SLX MGL is in a lot of people's opinions nicer than the DC. The DC is a feature but the MGL body is legendary in shimanos line up.

My collection at this point basically includes something from everyone, my old Abu's from when i first started getting serious about fishing (the revo sx spinning reels from 2011 ish were awesom) ambassadeurs, my musky and trolling stuff is all quantum, diawa tatulas, lews tournament speed spools, Megabass, and a whack of different shimanos...Citica, new curados, old curado 50e's that are still perhaps my favourite reel of all time (i managed to buy one brand new last year...such a score) but out of all of these the king of them all is the new bantam mgl.

I wish I could afford to replace every single reel in my arsenal with bantams. I am certainly from now on sticking with shimano though...not a slight on any of the other brands (Lews especially too be honest) bit the shimano products just seem to hold up better and feel better. Thats my preference though, their stuff just feels more rigid and lower profile than diawa. Heck i probably even like my old curado 50e as much as my megabass FX. Thats really saying something.

The curado line up though, seems to be the best bang for buck reel out of any generation all time.

Edited by AKRISONER

On 4/21/2021 at 10:21 AM, AKRISONER said:

ive got a connect that can get it to you cheaper, or if you are interested the new curado xg that came out this year also cheaper. Shoot me a message if you are interested.

Also the SLX MGL is in a lot of people's opinions nicer than the DC. The DC is a feature but the MGL body is legendary in shimanos line up.

My collection at this point basically includes something from everyone, my old Abu's from when i first started getting serious about fishing (the revo sx spinning reels from 2011 ish were awesom) ambassadeurs, my musky and trolling stuff is all quantum, diawa tatulas, lews tournament speed spools, Megabass, and a whack of different shimanos...Citica, new curados, old curado 50e's that are still perhaps my favourite reel of all time (i managed to buy one brand new last year...such a score) but out of all of these the king of them all is the new bantam mgl.

I wish I could afford to replace every single reel in my arsenal with bantams. I am certainly from now on sticking with shimano though...not a slight on any of the other brands (Lews especially too be honest) bit the shimano products just seem to hold up better and feel better. Thats my preference though, their stuff just feels more rigid and lower profile than diawa. Heck i probably even like my old curado 50e as much as my megabass FX. Thats really saying something.

The curado line up though, seems to be the best bang for buck reel out of any generation all time.

I had a chance to play with the curado 70 MGL. Oh boy is that a nice reel. I just don’t like the small spool. Would be great as a dedicated flipping reel for sure 

I got 4 really nice quantum reels cheaper on ebay for 50-70% cheaper then I could buy them retail. The problem with ebay is that you gotta follow the auctions and you need to be disciplined. In my case I put in low bids on 6 different reels hoping to get one at a great price. In my case I won four bids. I only needed one reel and had use for a 2nd. :)