Nav cards

I’ve used Navionics for many years.  It’s was decent to start and I find them  pretty good in Ontario waters these days.  Occasionally they are way off but for me that’s been the exception not the rule.  No experience with the other one.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:57 AM, fisherman7 said:

Has anyone ever updated their card? Is it worth it? Mine's about 10 years old and I'm on Upper Buckhorn Lake. Can't imagine it's changed that much.

Probably not worth it.    Do you have 1ft contours?   If not then it might be worth the upgrade. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/3/2021 at 9:57 AM, fisherman7 said:

Has anyone ever updated their card? Is it worth it? Mine's about 10 years old and I'm on Upper Buckhorn Lake. Can't imagine it's changed that much.

I'm on Upper Buckhorn as well.  I've never found a reason to update the maps for the Kawartha's.  I have the Navionics on my phone and do the annual subscription so that it updates (it's pretty cheap compared to the Nav chips in our fish finders).

I have navionics on my old Raymarine C80 and I upgrade every couple of years in case the Coast Guard moves any buoys.  Yeah you can see them, but I would rather have the charts close to the actual locations.  I like Navionics better than C-map because it looks exactly the same on the iPhone, iPad and the Raymarine.