New Roof ?

Any roofing guys out there. Got two quotes for my roof and prices were the same and same workmanship I have seen both of their jobs . . . Reliable and insured  . . . BBB members.

the only difference is the brand of shingles they use. One uses Landmark and the other Cambridge. Cambridge is made by Iko.

any comments? 

26 minutes ago, ketchenany said:

Any roofing guys out there. Got two quotes for my roof and prices were the same and same workmanship I have seen both of their jobs . . . Reliable and insured  . . . BBB members.

the only difference is the brand of shingles they use. One uses Landmark and the other Cambridge. Cambridge is made by Iko.

any comments? 

Ya, get a quote on getting it done in steel. When I had our roof re done I priced it out with shingels and steel, by the time I factored in the cost to strip, dispose of, and reshingle it was $500.00 more to have it strapped and done in steel. The house ended up cooler in summer, warmer in winter and the paint on the steel roof was guarenteed for 40 years. 

2 hours ago, ketchenany said:

any comments? 

https://peakroofing.ca/why-iko-is-the-worst-shingle-in-roofing/

3 hours ago, ketchenany said:

It would be great cliff but the roof is complicated with lots of valleys . . .

They are using 90 + bundles now! Thanks but this will be my last roof. 

Just an observation but a few years ago(10-13?) my neighbour put on a new roof and chose 25 year shingles because "It was her last roof" she had to do. Well they're coming to reshingle this spring. Bottom line, take the advertised year length and divide it by two. Not the first time I've heard of this. jmho

I went with steel roofing 4 years ago and never looked back.  The type I got didn't need to be stripped, just trimmed a bit.  Then a certain type of fabric  laid down and the shingles over top, 50 year guarantee.  Definitely cooler in summer.

THANKS GUYS for your comments and link Mr. B that looks like good one. My brother had his done in Landmark and his look great and the service by the contractor was great.
That Iko seems a bit shady, they make the Cambridge to compete with them selves!  
Like I said  my roof is not two sided lol standard peak . . .lots of valleys. 
I do appreciate your input. 

Just a note my roof is 22 years old and in good condition, have found two small pieces in my yard, NO LEAKS. One quoter looked at my roof and my neighbour’s and said you have better shingles than he does. His is 3 years old and I was quoted by his roofer! Using Cambridge shingles.

Landmark seems to be my choice.