Ice out K-bay

kickingfrog

A lot of that has to do with the fact that simcoe ice this year wasn’t “real ice” it was pack ice from the main lake that got pushed into bays during storms and then froze 

but yes it’s also been ridiculously warm, was a beauty day out last thursday 20 degrees and sunny and calm in the afternoon. I could have sworn it was June!

6 hours ago, siwash said:

we haven't had a "nice spring" in years... they've been mostly very cool to cold... I have a pic on my deck from May 9 last year covered in snow! And I'm only 30 min north of T.O.

You are so bang on with this one. I’d somewhat forgotten what it was like to actually have some spring weather to enjoy. Give me 15 degrees every day and I’d be the happiest guy in the world.

the last few years it legitimately went from being 5 degrees to 25+ Over the course of a week. I know it’s been cold because I’ve been ice fishing until April the last few years. Finally we got our 4th season back. 

50 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

You are so bang on with this one. I’d somewhat forgotten what it was like to actually have some spring weather to enjoy. Give me 15 degrees every day and I’d be the happiest guy in the world.

the last few years it legitimately went from being 5 degrees to 25+ Over the course of a week. I know it’s been cold because I’ve been ice fishing until April the last few years. Finally we got our 4th season back. 

And yet every time we get a warm day it's global warming! 😂

i honestly wish the weather would just do what its doing right now full time. I dont even mind the days that are a bit cooler...just miss me with the 30 degrees of death in the summer time. I have never in my life missed the heat. 

Perfect weather...cold but not so cold that you get cold if you wear enough clothes, but not hot that you are stripping every last layer off as to not die.

I have no problem wearing pants a hoodie a bib and a jacket but being totally comfortable. Some guys are lucky enough that their hands and feet dont get cold in winter, im not one of those people. Last week i was in the boat and it was about 13 degrees. I loved every minute of it...then it got up to 20 and the wind calmed down, i stripped off the suit rolled up my sleeves and was comfortable as comfortable could be.

Edited by AKRISONER