My Ram is so smart

LOL

I thought I had a basic no fancy gadget truck. Well turns out it is smarter then the average newf .

Start it up and I got mail :w00t: . Open and note says,rear right turn signal light is not working .I was like,WHATTTTTT ?????

Sure as heck,it,s blown. I tried to find the key board feature to return a thank you mail,but that must be an extra gadget that I need to purchase .:lol:

Pretty cool feature .

• Haha 3

I like the "vehicle locate" feature that my Silverado has; it's live tracking of the truck. When I send one of the guys out on a service call or to go pick up parts; I can see where they are. I now can can ask them why they were sitting at such & such street corner for so long. Was there construction, an accident or does Timmies at that corner have anything to do with it? I don't care that they stopped to grab a coffee or whatever; I just like the look I get from them when I ask. LOL

Dan. 

5 hours ago, DanD said:

I like the "vehicle locate" feature that my Silverado has; it's live tracking of the truck. When I send one of the guys out on a service call or to go pick up parts; I can see where they are. I now can can ask them why they were sitting at such & such street corner for so long. Was there construction, an accident or does Timmies at that corner have anything to do with it? I don't care that they stopped to grab a coffee or whatever; I just like the look I get from them when I ask. LOL

Dan. 

Nice feature I suppose, if one needs to know where the truck is.
Of course the other side of my brain says this is just another piece of technology used to track and control people.
  • Sad 1

Whatever guys. When I'm paying my guys to perform certain jobs; I have the right to know what the hell they're doing. Sorry I replied to this thread; I'm not a control freak, I just want to know what my guys are doing. If that is wrong tell me the difference between me correcting them at the shop or when they are away from the shop??I'm somewhat confused at the replies; what's wrong with keeping an eye on my employees? It's not just keeping tabs on the guys; it's also to see if they need help! Sorry my other post sounded like I was a peeping Tom; it's not what I meant to say.

Dan.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, misfish said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^  This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All do respect joking or not, I would tell ya to go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.  Weather I was doing wrong or not. 

Sorry Brian and I can understand an employee's dislike being watched or on camera; but an employer has the right to know what's going on. What's the issue, if you're doing the assigned job who gives a rat's ass if you're being recorded?  If anything it'll let the employer know he has a good employee.

Dan.

PS: Yes I have video cameras at my shop. Some outside, some in the office and some in the work area. Not so much to "SPY" on my guys; but to have a record on video, with time, date and hopefully a face for the cops to get the piece of crap that broke into my shop. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Whatever guys. When I'm paying my guys to perform certain jobs; I have the right to know what the hell they're doing. Sorry I replied to this thread; I'm not a control freak, I just want to know what my guys are doing. If that is wrong tell me the difference between me correcting them at the shop or when they are away from the shop??I'm somewhat confused at the replies; what's wrong with keeping an eye on my employees? It's not just keeping tabs on the guys; it's also to see if they need help! Sorry my other post sounded like I was a peeping Tom; it's not what I meant to say.

Dan.  

I don't think you should apologize for looking out for your small business, however you see fit. That you're looking out for your employees as well tells me that you're probably a pretty good guy to work for, too.

• Like 1

Well to make it clear,I am one that is not for the NEW NANNY world.

Cameras for surveillance of a break in or what ever I can see, but to follow someone around, even if a gerat employee,I have no respect for that .

I can only imagine what my  or anyone else s wife would say if we told her we were tracking her locations with a cell.  Are you spying on me? You don't trust me ? Hope that makes it a bit clearer .

• Like 1

Virtually every commercial vehicle on the road today has tracking systems built into the vehicle. I see nothing wrong or different in Dan's approach. And given that Dan's business is responsible for the employee, the vehicle and their actions, while driving his company truck, he needs to cover his behind or end up paying insurance through the ying yang.

HH

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanD said:

I will not go any further with this Brian. I'll agree to respectfully disagree with you on this. Be well and I'll look forward to reading your reports and your humor.

Dan.

Agreed 👍

I get it, but not for me is all.

• Like 1