Tell me I just didn't see that!!! Please.

I just saw a newer Ferrari get smashed into the side of a parked car. Please tell me it's CGI. Oh my. There are children here and the USA, not just 3rd world countries where children are going to bed hungry. What a waste of money just to sell you stuff during the commercials. And we go out and buy the crap. 

It was on TV in case anyone wondered where I saw it. I hope it was CGI, I doubt it. Another thing that irks me in TV shows and movies, I'm not allowed to have a small fire on my 1 acre property because of air quality but they can blow anything up and film it.????? I know it's not all CGI because I have witnessed it being filmed out here. 

• Like 1

On 3/17/2021 at 5:03 PM, Old Ironmaker said:

Another thing that irks me in TV shows and movies, I'm not allowed to have a small fire on my 1 acre property because of air quality but they can blow anything up and film it.?????

This has bugged me for years. As most here know, I'm in the automotive repair business. We are under a microscope as to what pollutants we generate during a vehicle's repair and how we dispose of; which I agree with and adhere too. We all need to clean up are act; but it feels redundant when I see a film company burning, blowing up crap up; just for entertainment satisfaction. I have paid out thousands of dollars to comply with environmental guide lines. Other small businesses have had to close due to these costs. Body shops for example; many of the small one man shops had to close. To stay in business they had to switch from oil based paints to water based. Had to install air scrubbers that are very costly; so much so it was out of the reach of many of these small shops.

The show that irritated (although entertaining) was Myth Busters. They blew up, burnt up and released so many emissions, during their 20 seasons is un measurable. It was mostly filmed in and around San Francisco. California has one of the most stringent regulations in the world on emitting emissions; but this show was OK for almost 20 years?

Stepping of soap box now.

Dan.

• Like 1