Bass Pro sale

captpierre

On 3/14/2021 at 3:41 PM, captpierre said:

Thanks.  Might not be much of a sale with fishing gear in short supply most places. 

This was the first time I have ever gone to Bass Pro and left empty handed. They said to come back in April when they hope to have more stock

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

I'd love to know why Cabelas.ca ( basically Bass Pro Shops Canada cause they have never bothered to start a Canadian Website in the 20 years they have been here) sucks so bad. never has good selection, often out of stock. 

Ask Tromblys Tackle why it took them about 30 years to get with the program and even then the website looks like it's designed by a snowflake.

I honestly think that cabellas and bass pro's websites suck so bad because of the customer base still doesnt demand a robust online shopping experience and furthermore they dont care to attempt to compete with tacklewarehouse in that regard. 

Cabellas and B pro are like walmart, theres nothing high quality there, its just the basics. Its always intrigued me how the customer size base in canada is still not large enough to have any group step forward and either A) Create a canadian tacklewarehouse or B ) set up a canadian distribution using the same platform.

Im glad that Peterborough Pro Tackle has clearly invested some signficant capital into growing their online and retail business. They really seem to be taking off and I am happy about it because the days of Pro J being the only place to be able to buy higher end gear consistently are over. More options is never a bad thing (some others carried stuff but supply was and still is always so limited) Gagnons at least carries the gear, they just dont have the tackle.

I got to admit, its frustrating staring at tacklewarehouse being fully stocked with everything you can imagine all of the time, meanwhile in canada its still to this day limited stock/limited colour choice, limited gear ratios whatever.

Its through no fault of anyone except for the fact that the number of guys like me demanding this stuff in Canada is probably in the hundreds which pales in comparison to the industry in the united states both for bass fishing and offshore gear.

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

I honestly think that cabellas and bass pro's websites suck so bad because of the customer base still doesnt demand a robust online shopping

Once Bass pro completed the purchase of Cabela's notice how free shipping went to $199.00 min.

That was the day I stopped ordering.   Save %20 on a new real to pay more in Shipping cost . no thanks

Use to be free shipping deals but not anymore. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LeXXington said:

Once Bass pro completed the purchase of Cabela's notice how free shipping went to $199.00 min.

That was the day I stopped ordering.   Save %20 on a new real to pay more in Shipping cost . no thanks

Use to be free shipping deals but not anymore. 

Tackle warehouse is free next day shipping all of the time in the states...it’s insane what we deal with up here

26 minutes ago, AKRISONER said:

Tackle warehouse is free next day shipping all of the time in the states...it’s insane what we deal with up here

Actually free shipping on orders over 50 bucks from what I see on their site. All the tackle places here seemed to have upped their limits to get free shipping.

6 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

Peterborough Pro Tackle

I checked out their site Scott. Looking for drop shot hooks. A lot seem to be sold out.

Is there a BPS link to their CDN site ? Always get directed to Cabelas here in Barrie .

Edited by misfish

38 minutes ago, misfish said:

I checked out their site Scott. Looking for drop shot hooks. A lot seem to be sold out.

Is there a BPS link to their CDN site ? Always get directed to Cabelas here in Barrie .

I believe they amalgamated their 2 sites in Canada under Cabelas, I keep getting redirected to the US.

If you want a fully stocked tackle store in Canada you have to go all the way to Woodstock,Ontario. Angling Outfitters is always well stocked including with high end gear. I don't think Jocelyn is interested in an online presence but he has so much stuff it forms a cardboard rampart around the building It's filled with close outs he has sourced in the US. Most of it's old and it's cheap too. Stuff like Ugly Ducklings, Manns, etc. He has Japanese stuff, American stuff, Euro stuff and steelhead, walleye, bass, pike, and Musky stuff. I don't think he has much saltwater gear however so you have to outfit your Caribbean safari elsewhere. Definitly worth a detour if you are ever down that way