Home made syrup

7 hours ago, Old Ironmaker said:

A liter lasts us over a year. The last jug I got from a local farmer that taps our trees went moldy. I do like it though just am careful about how much I use, my wife doles it out like truffels. 

Must keep it in the fridge

So the other day I was at the grocery store and by mistake, I bought a package of "Maple Bacon". Having made that mistake in the past, I tried to unload it on a neighbour. I couldn't give that crap away! They made the same face I did when I realized the err of my ways, kinda like they were sucking on a bottle of vinegar!

I did eventually find one who would take it, so i gave them a nice big ripe tomato for their troubles.

God I hate maple flavoured anything!

HH

6 hours ago, Headhunter said:

So the other day I was at the grocery store and by mistake, I bought a package of "Maple Bacon". Having made that mistake in the past, I tried to unload it on a neighbour. I couldn't give that crap away! They made the same face I did when I realized the err of my ways, kinda like they were sucking on a bottle of vinegar!

I did eventually find one who would take it, so i gave them a nice big ripe tomato for their troubles.

God I hate maple flavoured anything!

HH

I guess you would not like once a year treat then Joe.

Few scoops of maple walnut ice cream, with chunks of crispy bacon,drizzled with yup,Canadian maple syrup.  The first couple of spoon fulls give a bit of a shiver to the body, but dang,it,s so so good.

WHAT A RUSH

• Like 1