Troll control RPM dialer

muskeybugged

Hello All,

First post in a long time.

I have a new Lund 1675 Impact full windshield, with a 90hp 4 stroke Mercury. 

Idle’s as low as 2 mph and as fast as 2.8 mph. 

Will adding the troll control feature get me down to the low 1.somethings? Will the 150 RPM drop make that much of a difference? Trying to avoid a kicker motor situation for a few personal reasons, and the trolling plate idea seems a bit amateur for a brand new boat. 

Any help or shared experience would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I only have a 40 tiller yammy, but the troll control gets me down to 1.6 on flat calm water. I can get it much slower if theres some wind. I run my bowmount if I'm trolling the the main, just to maintain course and speed. The ipilot is great for that. 

S. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sinker said:

I only have a 40 tiller yammy, but the troll control gets me down to 1.6 on flat calm water. I can get it much slower if theres some wind. I run my bowmount if I'm trolling the the main, just to maintain course and speed. The ipilot is great for that. 

S. 

Yes on the I pilot here too. Do you remember the difference the troll control made? Or Your minimum speed without troll control enabled? 

Thanks again for your input!

Standard start up idle speed is about 2.3 ish. Top speed off the troll control is about 2.8 or so, min speed about 1.8. This is on flat water, no wind, on a 16ft wide starcraft tiller. 

If I need to go slower, and go with the wind, i will use my main, but turn my bowmount around backwards so my main is pushing against it. My main just over idle, and my electric barely on will stop me pretty much. 

S. 

• Thanks 1

I have a 115 on my 18 foot boat am able to get down to 1.7 mph at 550 rpm.

Troll control is worth every penny I paid for it. Spent quite a bit of $$$ to get all the different sensor connectors for my Merc Monitor gauge plus I can connect to my fish finders too.