Stocking up early? Any out of stock issues?

I was at sail, They are just about ready to bring in their spring stock. A lot of stuff still empty from last year. Ended up going to another local sporting goods shop to pick a line counter for reeI was after. 

everybody saying it’s going to go quick. I think I’ll dig through my stuff make a list soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a hard time getting certain hooks for my fly tying . When I found stock,I bought more then I needed . I hate sitting here with no hooks. Now I look ,and I have more hooks packs then I thought . LOL

Anyone know where to buy bulk packs of Mustad Ultra point octopus beak wide gap red size 4 and 6 ? Prefer .CA sites.

17 hours ago, misfish said:

I was having a hard time getting certain hooks for my fly tying . When I found stock,I bought more then I needed . I hate sitting here with no hooks. Now I look ,and I have more hooks packs then I thought . LOL

Anyone know where to buy bulk packs of Mustad Ultra point octopus beak wide gap red size 4 and 6 ? Prefer .CA sites.

And if you can help Brian with hooks, perhaps you could provide a link to a good beard trimming device at a good price! LMAO

HH

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to find grizzly hackle ,is like looking for a pin in a hay stack . I have even resorted to state side shops. Out of stock. D rib just the same . Resorting to stretch tubing instead. It,s Crazy how once you could get  anytime,and now you got to search high and low .

I'm going old school and using what I have from my years of gathering till it's gone.  I got that bait years ago as it worked then and I'm sure still works now.  So for me it's a dig back to my gear that hasn't been used in years lure wise.  However if I need to replace a rod or reel, I will try my old stock 1st then go out to the online (local - ptbo tackel and others) shops.  Facebook groups are seeing some way off prices too either way high or oddly low.  

Good luck all looking but this year I'm slowing it down and not going to splurge unless needed.  

just a reminder friends...rather than buying at big box canadian tire, walmart and even bass pro. Support local, Gangons, Natural sports, Pro J and Peterborough pro tackle all sell the same gear or better while allowing you to support small business!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mamona said:

^^ second to that. I was truly good boy this season, all shopping done locally. In some cases I was given really good deals.

just placed an order far larger than i should have with peterborough pro tackle...rather have extra supplies then need to run to the box store because im short. THats usually what ends up happening, im like Oh crap im out of dropshot hooks and i head to canadian tire. Not this time.

2 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

just placed an order far larger than i should have with peterborough pro tackle...rather have extra supplies then need to run to the box store because im short. THats usually what ends up happening, im like Oh crap im out of dropshot hooks and i head to canadian tire. Not this time.

x3........Grimsby Tackle and Fishing World are it for me.  Bass Pro, and Cabelas are dead to me for all my fishing and hunting needs - if you want to act like a corporation you better be prepared to be treated like one by your customers.  

Edited by 410001661
  • Like 1

Ontario - Fishing world, Grimsby Tackle, Natural Sports, Canadiantacklestore.com, Ramakko's. I've ordered from these. 

pokeystackle.ca in Sask. Ordered some mounts and humminbird wires there. 

Cabelas when on sale and Sail.ca because they actually have stock of things I want. 

I ordered tungsten punching weights from a supplier in China. No way I'm paying Canadian retail prices for those.  And a few things from the US that I can't find here.