Ice fishing ??

Thanks for letting me join seem like a great group the question I have is I was reading the regs about ice fishing it says Any
spring-loaded device which sets the hook for an angler may not be possessed within 30 m of any waters.
Does this include automatic fisherman and other rod holders that hold the tip down and release when fish strike .?

thanks 

65E1F31E-F231-471B-8C52-FBD8F75A0C29.png

Edited by Northerner1212

The JawJacker is legal.  There are many posts here annually about the matter.  Just look for any key word and you should find it.  This site's been around so long Christ was still a cowboy...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Rizzo said:

it is the other ones that should be illegal! Quick hookset prevents swallowed bait

Wow Rizzo, I never actually figured there was a reason for the automatic hook set stuff til you said that about prevents swallowing the bait, the makes a lot of sense lol! Figured it was lazy fisherman lol

personally I don't actually think any of 'em should be illegal, but if some kind of tip had to be...I would vote for the one you have to go over and set the hook yourself. I will admit when I was a young lad we would sometimes get distracted (beer involved) and who know how long it was before you noticed the flag up. Good thing pike seem to swim around forever before they swallow it, don't actually remember deep hooking a pike. Largemouth? Different story. I have caught a few bass this winter that have swallowed the bait and I set the hook as quickly as I could get to tip up.

21 hours ago, Northerner1212 said:

Thanks for letting me join seem like a great group the question I have is I was reading the regs about ice fishing it says Any
spring-loaded device which sets the hook for an angler may not be possessed within 30 m of any waters.
Does this include automatic fisherman and other rod holders that hold the tip down and release when fish strike .?

thanks 

65E1F31E-F231-471B-8C52-FBD8F75A0C29.png

First thing you have to look and read.  Are there any springs in/on that product?