Covid 19 and Canadian Border closing

Getting back on track... my local "Metro" has two confirmed cases, that may end up being a lot more. To make matters even more "interesting, both my teenage kids work in that store! One confirmed case of a deli worker, the other is in the produce section. My son works in the deli and my daughter, produce!

Little to no direction coming from the store. They did do a "overnight deep clean" last night. We contacted public health and will be getting both kids tested after a 7 day waiting period.

So here's where the stupid are dragging us around. One of the deli co-workers decided to make and drop off some soup, to the confirmed case in the deli. No problem right.... no, big problem as they not only dropped off soup, but decided to stay, in the house, for a visit! I swear, the stupid are going to drag us all down with them!

HH

• Like 1

yup and deep cleaning is still not going to affect the major risk. it's all about airborne and as along as there's poor ventilation ( ie- very few complete changes of air), then the virus is gonna keep on keeping on. the building my office is in has been changing filters regularly and I believe went full hepa last year. so few people working here though.

my neighbourhood has seen huge parties with four or five families, if not more (this weekend was big kegger b-day party). next door is a doc at one of the UHN hospitals and she dreads explaining to her kids why they can't play with the other rug rats. this is in a nice neighbourhood so I can only surmise the upper middle class think they're invincible or DGAF....sigh

Edited by woodenboater
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Headhunter said:

We contacted public health and will be getting both kids tested after a 7 day waiting period.

So here's where the stupid are dragging us around. One of the deli co-workers decided to make and drop off some soup, to the confirmed case in the deli. No problem right.... no, big problem as they not only dropped off soup, but decided to stay, in the house, for a visit! I swear, the stupid are going to drag us all down with them!

HH

Can't fix stupid. It's my assessment after a year of this thing that you have to almost go out of your way to get the virus. Social distancing, masking-up, and staying away from people that are doing neither seems to be effective. Lots of ventilation also for enclosed areas, as stated. Most people I know that have had it were cavalier about their activities or simply weren't afraid to get it...almost inviting it...

Ohio opened vaccine availability to those 16 and older yesterday...soon available vaccine will outnumber those wanting to get it; hopefully this gets more flowing into Canada ASAP and we can collectively put this thing behind us. I heard this morning you can now get an at-home COVID test kit delivered by DoorDash within a couple hours of request...not sure why there would be a 7-day waiting period...other than to wait and see if it is 'growing'. Good luck HH with the kids... 

Edited by T-Bone

Obviously not that my scenario is the rule because I have heard of plenty of people that dont know where they got it, but being 100% upfront and honest...the only people that I know that have gotten it are either A) working in a factory where it went through like wild fire (ok totally unavoidable) or B ) were going to the gym, had a family birthday party with 5 families converging in one house C) were the type that said and still say to this day "Covid is no big deal" and recently saw us at the grocery store and saw that we were wearing a cloth mask over our surgical mask and called us "paranoid"

I dont think to many people who's entire households are working from home and abundantly cautious are catching it very often.

I travel for work regularly and lets just say that not all regions are as compliant with safety measures as others...the irony is that the regions disobeying the rules the most are the ones that are now identified as target areas for vaccination. Not exactly how its fair that the guys that break the rules the most are the priority for vaccines while people with immediate health complications are forced to continue to wait...but I guess we need to at least make an attempt to fix stupid?

I cannot friggin wait to get vaccinated and get this stupid thing over with.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Total cases at my local Metro, 8 confirmed. All can be traced back to department managers who removed masks at any opportunity they saw fit! It's maddening!

It also look like "Uncle Dougie" is going to lock us down again for 28 days. Announcement at 1:30 today.

HH

14 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Total cases at my local Metro, 8 confirmed. All can be traced back to department managers who removed masks at any opportunity they saw fit! It's maddening!

It also look like "Uncle Dougie" is going to lock us down again for 28 days. Announcement at 1:30 today.

HH

Unreal that people just do not get it Joe.

Doug ain't gonna do squat. Things will be lockdown lite, when what he really needs are stay at home orders for specific regions ie- Toronto,York and Peel, for starters. And letting non essential stay open is a joke. I hope the proves me wrong, but his track record is abysmal.  stay safe everyone, the light is still shining in the tunnel.

• Like 1

Bingo halls open and people lining up for 3 to 4 hours to get in, drive through the Lindsay bingo hall parking lot and 75% of the license plate frames are from out of town. Go to the Lindsay Mall, again it's obvious many cars are from hot zones. Our license testing center, most of the people there are driving driver training cars that aren't local. What's the point of putting restrictions in place if they aren't going to be followed or enforced. 

Since Napanee is in the KFLA I look at their stats.  As of mid day today they had 62 active case with 2 hospitalizations and no one in ICU, that number is down a good bit from last week.  The surprising thing to me is that the bulk of the active cases are in the 20-29 age group but with KFLA having a population of 209,000 a lockdown makes zero sense and at least the friends we have there are not happy campers.

It makes zero sense if you believe that folks in the higher infected regions will stay there. That has not been the case so far in the pandemic. People have been moving around the province at will, so with the active variant running rampant, a lock down is required.

HH

• Like 1

Just like last week, the ski hills were infested with the travelers. If they don't put a complete travel ban in place, (other than for work, food and meds), it will never stop.  Now there's reports that there are cases in Florida where people with 2 shots are still getting infected.  Hmmm and there's a 10% chance the shots will not work for some.  So, shoot up a million and have a chance that 100K still get sick. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Headhunter said:

It makes zero sense if you believe that folks in the higher infected regions will stay there. That has not been the case so far in the pandemic. People have been moving around the province at will, so with the active variant running rampant, a lock down is required.

HH

I see your point but KFLA has been mainly green until recently when they went yellow so "hotspot" travelers have been there but yet there numbers were still going down.

Also, let's be honest, there is nothing in this recent order that is going to stop travel.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:02 PM, misfish said:

Unreal that people just do not get it Joe.

And these are the people that keep us suffering. Selfish, careless a-wipes. 
so we gotta wear masks, sanitize hands, follow rules. This isn’t about govt control or a new world order people. It’s a pandemic. A light one at that. It could be so much worse. But no, those who don’t do their part by their own justifications help drag this on forever...killing more small businesses and driving the dollars into mega corporations instead. 

1 hour ago, Hack_Fisherman said:

But no, those who don’t do their part by their own justifications help drag this on forever..

I got my 1st vaccine down in Peterboro yesterday and 3 different people working at the clinic thanked me for doing my part to protect others and help put an end to this nightmare. My wife goes on Tuesday and then we both go back mid-July.

And FWIW, I couldn't believe how well organized it was and how smoothly the entire process went....the proverbial well oiled machine.

• Like 2

Just now, lew said:

I got my 1st vaccine down in Peterboro yesterday and 3 different people working at the clinic thanked me for doing my part to protect others and help put an end to this nightmare. My wife goes on Tuesday and then we both go back mid-July.

And FWIW, I couldn't believe how well organized it was and how smoothly the entire process went....the proverbial well oiled machine.

I just found out I’m eligible for vac now, I’m getting it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lew said:

I too was amazed at how well organized they were at the Evinrude Center...we had been warned not to get there more than 10 minutes before our scheduled time as you were not allowed to get in line before your time was called...(unless you want to sit and wait in your car...LOL) ...Same once you go inside...well organized...We also go back in July !

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

I see your point but KFLA has been mainly green until recently when they went yellow so "hotspot" travelers have been there but yet there numbers were still going down

They go down, until they don't.

HH

Well I can choose not to go to this gathering (though i'm fully vaccinated), but unfortunately I don't know how to avoid the the thousands of illegal aliens they are letting in each day with a proven high covid rate which first get thrown together then shipped to areas all across the country.

1 hour ago, Pochucker said:

Well I can choose not to go to this gathering (though i'm fully vaccinated), but unfortunately I don't know how to avoid the the thousands of illegal aliens they are letting in each day with a proven high covid rate which first get thrown together then shipped to areas all across the country.

If that stadium fills, IMO, that shows  disrespect to your fellow man,women and children . Even if it was a free ticket, I would not be caught in that virus bowl. 

Some people just do not get it.

Also, NO ONE, is fully vaccinated . The vaccines are not 100%. 95% at best .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, misfish said:

If that stadium fills, IMO, that shows  disrespect to your fellow man,women and children . Even if it was a free ticket, I would not be caught in that virus bowl. 

Some people just do not get it.

Also, NO ONE, is fully vaccinated . The vaccines are not 100%. 95% at best .

And the vaccine does not prevent you from getting it or passing it on, it just lowers the amount of agony you're going to suffer.

• Like 4