Covid 19 and Canadian Border closing

Have your vehcle shipped across the border, hire a helicopter or small airplane. Fly across the border, do your quarenteen for as long as it takes, they are talking about lowereing it. I have no idea who they  is? Then return in the same manner. I bet you can pay an American to drive the car across for a few $$$$$.  If there is a need there are opportunities to make money. If there are opportunities to generate income there are no folks that will turn opportunity into income like us Americans (dual citizenship.) 

Good luck, be safe and enjoy. 

Gov has announced the border will stay closed at least until April 21st.

Also, the U.S. has agree to supply Canada with 1.5 mill AstraZenica doses. Apparently, they are not using them and they are nearing their expiration date. They are also sending a bunch to Mexico.

HH

2 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Gov has announced the border will stay closed at least until April 21st.

Also, the U.S. has agree to supply Canada with 1.5 mill AstraZenica doses. Apparently, they are not using them and they are nearing their expiration date. They are also sending a bunch to Mexico.

HH

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/politics/us-astrazeneca-mexico-canada/index.html

"

There are tens of millions of AstraZeneca doses stockpiled in the US and the company believes it will have roughly 50 million Covid-19 vaccine doses available to the US government by the end of April. None of those doses are available to Americans now because AstraZeneca has not applied to the Food and Drug Administration for an emergency use authorization, and the vaccine is still going through clinical trials in the US.
AstraZeneca has been approved for use in both Canada and Mexico, and the company itself has asked the Biden administration to consider requests to donate inventory to other nations. "
I have no idea why they haven't applied for an emergency use authorization.

1 hour ago, OhioFisherman said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/politics/us-astrazeneca-mexico-canada/index.html

"

There are tens of millions of AstraZeneca doses stockpiled in the US and the company believes it will have roughly 50 million Covid-19 vaccine doses available to the US government by the end of April. None of those doses are available to Americans now because AstraZeneca has not applied to the Food and Drug Administration for an emergency use authorization, and the vaccine is still going through clinical trials in the US.
AstraZeneca has been approved for use in both Canada and Mexico, and the company itself has asked the Biden administration to consider requests to donate inventory to other nations. "
I have no idea why they haven't applied for an emergency use authorization.

For whatever reason AZ has not applied for approval.  I guess they are focusing on Europe.

• Confused 1

Just now, OhioFisherman said:

Sell tens of millions of doses to the USA but no approval on it's use? Hmmm?

Just my opinion but I think the US was buying as a Plan B.  Give em all to Canada and maybe Trudy Jr will follow the "science" and start opening the border to those that have been vaccinated.

5 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Just my opinion but I think the US was buying as a Plan B.  Give em all to Canada and maybe Trudy Jr will follow the "science" and start opening the border to those that have been vaccinated.

It's not just his border to open. We have gotten off the ball here late, I agree, there are hundreds of countries across the world vying for the same vacines. We should have been setting up labs a year ago to produce vacines not beg for them. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Curious as to why you continue to go on about the border opening when you have already told us numerous times that you have no problem legally coming into the country. I am not trying to be a Richard here, just trying to understand your motivation?

HH

8 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Curious as to why you continue to go on about the border opening when you have already told us numerous times that you have no problem legally coming into the country. I am not trying to be a Richard here, just trying to understand your motivation?

HH

Because we have multiple friends that would like to cross also.  We have Canadian friends with US relatives and US cottage friends that would like to use their property that they are paying taxes on.  There are also a lot of fishing and water related businesses in Canada that are really hurting due to the border being closed.

I didn't take it as a Richard comment at all.

2 minutes ago, DanD said:

All I can say is, I'll stay on my side of the fence and you stay on yours. Once this whatever you want to call it is under control; we all can be friends again and enjoy each others company. 

Dan

I am good with that, I am just bothered by who gets to decide when it is under control.  It is sort of like religion.  I am good with God, but some of his fan club scares me.

When the deciding powers of both our nations agree that it is OK. We voted these people in didn't we? Besides I also vote on the side of caution; not on the side of monetary expense being lost from loss of use. People who have bought out of their Country must abide by that (OTHER) Countries decision as to what's allowed. This whole thing has changed the "norm" lets deal with it calmly and smartly; we'll all be happier in the end.

Dan.

Edited by DanD
  • Like 2

Well, with numbers continuing to climb and discussion of a third wave, it's likely that we'll be locked down, before we open up more.

March Break for the kids was moved to mid-April and there are discussions that they may finish the school year with everyone going virtual. 32% of current cases have been linked to schools.

HH

• Like 1

The VOC are becoming a real concern as hospitals are seeing younger ICU admissions, and they're staying longer. This is the cohort that was supposed to be at less risk, now they're not. I don't see the border re-opening up until late summer/fall tbh. If that.

Stay safe, take whatever shot they give you, and take it one day at a time, no matter how slow that can be.

4 hours ago, DanD said:

When the deciding powers of both our nations agree that it is OK. We voted these people in didn't we? Besides I also vote on the side of caution; not on the side of monetary expense being lost from loss of use. People who have bought out of their Country must abide by that (OTHER) Countries decision as to what's allowed. This whole thing has changed the "norm" lets deal with it calmly and smartly; we'll all be happier in the end.

Dan.

I understand where you are at but those folks that have generations that owe their lives to a small business may not.  I have been retired  since I sold my business in 2017, but I haven't worked for someone since August 1, 1997.  When you have your financial life on the line you look at things a bit different.

4 hours ago, DanD said:

Dan.

Collectively they were voted in, personally they were not.

19 hours ago, Crimsongulf said:

Collectively they were voted in, personally they were not.

Isn't that called a democracy? Or would you rather a dictatorship where you would have no say?

Dan.

Edited by DanD

8 hours ago, DanD said:

Isn't that called a democracy? Or would you rather a dictatorship where you would have no say?

Dan.

No argument from me but many elected officials quickly forget why they were elected.  I can't speak with authority on Canadian officials but down here we have far to many politicians that have become multi millionaires by being paid by the taxpayer.  A senator makes 174K annually but exactly how do you become worth untold millions being a senator? 

Like I said; the majority elected them in. Is it right; I didn't say that. Maybe it's time we all took a longer look at who we're allowing to make these decisions for us? Put all of todays elected officials in a bag; give the bag a good shake and we still wouldn't know who to pull out. 
Dan.

• Haha 1