What's up?

DanD

Come on guys give me something fishing wise to get me/us shut-ins through this February blues! I'm the second youngest in our usual ice fishing group. The eldest being 74 and (with no blame) doesn't want to go out where there's a chance of getting infected. Along with the "stay at home" crap; we couldn't travel together. So my fishing experiences have been through your reports. I don't care whether you caught or not; just a report on your trip out; would be good to read. Yes I'm begging here for anything fishing and/or fishing trip related. LOL

So please post whatever you have; I promise to read and reply to the entertaining ones! LOL 

Dan.

Edited by DanD

• DanD changed the title to What's up?

I've got nothing sadly.  However depending when my Uncle is stopping by this weekend to pick up my old Pelican 45 I may try and venture out with the Mrs, him and my cousin.  The Mrs and I would just follow to the area.  I didn't get out last ice season and yet to get out this one too.  My body just isn't what it was for those long hikes to pull gear as I don't have a sled or quad.  

I was out with the boy last weekend on Simcoe. We caught a bunch of perch and he ended up catching most of the big ones while I was getting dinks :) lol (he sure is missing a lot of teeth! He lost 2 in the same day a few weeks ago)

it was getting pretty slush out there, me and a buddy went out during the week last week and had to power through some deep slush spots with the atv. 

67F37BB0-D162-4304-8014-37F2BF0E47C7.jpeg

• Like 3

did one of the scariest things I have ever done while working on my boat.

new trolling motor and a big foot pedal it was time to go recessed. Taking a circular saw to the casting deck of your boat almost made me sick to my stomach. It’s going to come out incredible though. I’ve “dry” installed it and it looks really good. I was about to fasten it down permanently but realized that wiring the livescope that was in the mail would be a hell of a lot easier to do with a giant hole giving me access to the entire front half of my boat 😂 

32179393-F787-49E5-A14A-50DC4F3DB15A.jpeg.9425832c8754035fcf48f83bb0130547.jpeg

i only almost started a fire....while cutting through the floor with the jig saw initially I didn’t realize there was a cross brace coated in fibreglass that was longer than the blade on my jigsaw. I got a bit stuck and it basically ate the blade on the saw. What proceeded to happen was a hell of a lot of friction. I looked up and noticed smoke billowing out of all of the wire access holes throughout the boat. I began to panic thinking there was a full blown fire in the hull of my boat. 

all is good though. Seems like every time I get close to finishing the work I add something to the mix

ive got installing my new transducer on my transom, installing the livescope system on the bow, which includes running some new power cables down the boat. A new auto bilge, and to stick up my new compartment lighting that’s all wired and ready to go once things warm up...maybe sunday?

amognst all of this work I’ve managed to get out a few times on my new stomping grounds, a “newish” (I’ve fished them before but not consistently) species to figure out has been really fun. A few rookie mistakes, learning how they want it, how to fight em, how to land them has made this season really interesting. Coolest of all is just how pretty this fish are.

863F9478-267F-42EB-A841-428F58A2F0FB.jpeg.bba3c565bff905beed2ee81224c58903.jpeg

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 6

Thanks all for the replies everyone!!!!!

Lefroy. 

1130542648_67F37BB0-D162-4304-8014-37F2BF0E47C7.jpeg.09c5c096d97d4418ec74b8745571b665(1).jpeg.643572bf9ae7eb89c045a5272c1e6faf.jpeg

This pic is exactly why I started this thread! My Son Is now in his mid thirties and busy with work and his kids. The look on your son's face is everything I remember about taking my son out.

Thanks for sharing. 

Dan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Enjoy the time; it won't be long before his interests may change? His fingers will smell the same; but it won't be from cutting bait. LOL

Dan.

You ever hear the old joke about how many animals you can find in a pair of panty hose ? 

My last trip took a skunking.  Had to happen. Plagued with snowmachine issues this season.  One issue after another.  As for lockdowns.  Well, for all I know I could be dead next year for some reason or another.  Life is short and unpredictable.  I’m living today.  Your mileage may vary.

• Like 2