Looking for a Seasonal Campsite for my Motorhome

RS680

Hello All I am looking for a nice small lake or river campground, I want to park my Boat and Motorhome  and maybe even my atv for the season Somewhere in the Sudbury region or central Ontario.  I mostly fish pickerel pike and bass. Any help would be great.

117894871_10213624054633988_4516325352824666145_o.jpg

mot 11.jpg

We have been searching for a waterfront or on water site for months. There is little or no inventory. Anything that we found available was either in a run down park or in a park owned and manage by conglomerates and had extremely bad reviews. Many parks are kicking out long term residents and putting up rates through the roof. Some have started "add ons" like charging for golf carts, sheds, outside fridges and a popular one now is adding service charges to every item on the bill. It seems as though everyone has taken up camping in times of Covid in trailers, motorhomes etc. and this had created a crazy off season with everyone looking for the same thing. We are on lengthy wait lists on a few parks but hold little hope for 2021 and maybe 2022. 

We have decided to stay transient for this season however it is going to be tough to pull the trailer and the boat at the same time.

Good luck and stay safe..

Even the weather net is mentioning that campsite booking is well underway with little to find at the moment.  With people turning to other things like camping and trailer/rv sales booming, it will be do it now or camp in the driveway.  Even last year was pretty sparse on weekends.

Talked to a couple of financial guys and they are amazed at the RV market. Customers taking out loans for 40 and 50K trailers and 100k+ motorhomes on Lines of Credit.

Hope I am wrong but I see a huge influx of 2 year old RVs on the market once this thing settles down.

• Like 1

I was watching a Youtube video on motorhomes & trailers this morning John and they were saying the average price on RV's for 2021 has gone up at least 7% across the USA but he didn't mention Canada but I'd assume it'll be similar increases.

Like everything else they're citing higher demand and much lower inventory because of Covid.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, lew said:

I was watching a Youtube video on motorhomes & trailers this morning John and they were saying the average price on RV's for 2021 has gone up at least 7% across the USA but he didn't mention Canada but I'd assume it'll be similar increases.

Like everything else they're citing higher demand and much lower inventory because of Covid.

The big difference Lew is that you could buy an RV for 30 points off MSRP a couple of years ago, now not so much. Now you have to make an appointment with a salesperson to essentially sign a contract...