Whitie on the high hook blood worm

misfish

You should make some wire worms. Whities chow them down. I've never tried them on simcoe, just don't have to, they are the dumbest fish in the province LOL.....perch love em too. 

Lori and I had our 4 whities in 12 mins on tuesday last week. Fished 1130-2 and put 10 or so on the ice. Slept in, and got home for dinner. Great day. Headed out again tomorrow. 

S. 

• Like 1

So essentially it looks like maybe a little red marabou tail, red thread and the clear wrap?  I like this tie Brian, did up some bloodworms when learning back in the early 2000's but none as durable looking as that, and mine were without the little bou tail that likely comes to life down there.  Nicely done!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sinker said:

You should make some wire worms. Whities chow them down. I've never tried them on simcoe, just don't have to, they are the dumbest fish in the province LOL.....perch love em too. 

Lori and I had our 4 whities in 12 mins on tuesday last week. Fished 1130-2 and put 10 or so on the ice. Slept in, and got home for dinner. Great day. Headed out again tomorrow. 

S. 

My spots are limited as a walker and with a knee that feels like it wants to break off, my spots are limited Shane . Lucky for me,I have learned over the past few years, some shallow spots that the whities hang.  I was sitting over 22 fow. I have some tied copper wire with red beads .

1 hour ago, Moosebunk said:

So essentially it looks like maybe a little red marabou tail, red thread and the clear wrap?  I like this tie Brian, did up some bloodworms when learning back in the early 2000's but none as durable looking as that, and mine were without the little bou tail that likely comes to life down there.  Nicely done!

Thanks Drew

I use red mallard and rabbit zonker for the body and tails, and yes, they flair out really nice just sitting still. I tie a brown grub that has worked as well . Looks like a fresh water shrimp. If I could keep the herring off while the whities are with them, that would be a bonus. Those buggers grab it so fast. I will take a picture later this week to show how nice they look in the water.

The ribbing and UV resin, does add durability, and you are very close with the tie.

Thanks again

B

Hey Ric, thanks bud. Good to hear from ya .

My ole haunt is still not producing like it use too, so been going back in time sorta speak . Remember that spot where I was getting herring the same size as the whities ? Well , been fishing that area again . They be there bud .:Gonefishing: