Lake Joseph or Rosseau - Ice conditions (and bait shop open ?)

camillj

Hi folks, I cant believe its been so long since I last posted ... hahaha .. just saw one of my replies from 2012 (on a "bumped" post) ... anyhow hope every one is staying safe and making the best of the situation. 

Now to my point, I've been staying home (not at the cottage) just outta respect for the locals ... they dont need my city-boy germs ... ok maybe also because there wasn't much safe ice ... but with our "lockdown" soon to be lifted I figured I'd go north and at least shovel off my roof a bit. BUT while I'm there I HAVE to get out on the big lake(s) for some lakers.

Would most appreciate any feedback on the conditions (ice/slush/fishin) ... pm's welcome too (and .. does anyone know if Bait on the lake is open ... if not is there somewhere on the way up tha t can sell shiners ?

Thanks and tight lines !

No relapses at all Jon and I don't miss it at all. I've had plenty of offers and did go out once for a few hours but the enjoyment wasn't there and I never went again. There's still a small group of us go up to Nippissing every year but now rather than going out fishing we sit on the shore and talk about about it instead LOL

I hear ya Lew ... to be honest .. I'm not sure if you remember but I caught the 'prospecting' bug a number of years ago ... so now I spend at least a 100 hours in the bush looking at rocks for every hour on the boat ... but Im still a dedicated speck chaser ... and I still have the sit out (alone)  in the cold ice fishing sickness too  :)

• 4 weeks later...