Ice fishing on the lower Grand

Old Ironmaker

No reports but drove over the Dunnville bridge on the Grand River Thursday and to my plesant surprise saw at least a dozen huts around Steves place south of the bridge a short walk on the ice. No idea how thick it is. Dave would know. That would be near "Fishmasters Marina". He used to have a few pop ups he rented but I doubt he has any rentals in this insane World today. Just thought I would let you hardwater guys know. You and I will never catch a fish sitting in front of this screen. But I hear there is an app now where you can catch a virtual fish. Wonder how they taste?

Johnny D/Selkirk On. 

As the crow flies it doesn't seem like we are that far south of you John. This has been about the coldest stretch of winter here and they have had to rescue 3 people ice fishing here in the last couple of weeks, and a guy died after going thru the ice trying to rescue his dog a couple miles  away. Be careful out there!

You know how some guys go golfing on the day of their wedding? Well me and my men went ice fishing in our tuxedos at the exact spot being talked about here. Yesterday was actually the anniversary of that. Didn't last long...was around negative 30 that day and these were not insulated tuxedos.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3