A few bucket list fishing trips - newest post is up

gordy28

I spend a good chunk of time researching potential trip destinations - especially during the winter 

A while back I did a bucket list post but I limited my fishing choice to just on trip

Newest post focuses on a few fishing trips I would like to take - my interest in the spot can be species, location or water body 

https://www.northernjacks.com/post/bucket-list-revisited-fishing-only-edition

Cheers

Andrew

spacer.png

Nice thing about Arctic Circle, unguided is, the only tip you're giving at the end of the trip is to the camp manager, who is also the cook, cleaning staff and dock hand.  You go guided, tack on about an extra 2G's for the package and another $750 or so PP to cover guide and staff tips.  You lose about a half days fishing with the extra travel to Circle but, you can make that up by setting a longer day schedule if you want.  And what you catch is all because of you! 

Circle is a good way to go.  Much cheaper but still pricey, the boating is big water play but structure safe if that provides you peace of mind and, your boat will release 150-300 lakers for the week, depending on dates and how you want to use your time.  20-30 pounders very likely, almost a given.  30-40 pounders a decent chance. 40+ possible and, there have been a few 50+.  That piece of the lake is very well the most beautiful too.  High hills and cliffs, channels, deep back bays, it's more like parts of Great Slave.  Anglers going to Circle unguided tend to catch double to quadruple what the main lodge catches without taking pricey flyouts to hotspots.

You want a better chance at a 50, 60 and maybe even 70 pound laker... Plummer's Trophy Lodge.  Guided, expensive, not as scenic, fewer fish caught, LOT more giants.

Edited by Moosebunk

9 hours ago, Moosebunk said:

Nice thing about Arctic Circle, unguided is, the only tip you're giving at the end of the trip is to the camp manager, who is also the cook, cleaning staff and dock hand.  You go guided, tack on about an extra 2G's for the package and another $750 or so PP to cover guide and staff tips.  You lose about a half days fishing with the extra travel to Circle but, you can make that up by setting a longer day schedule if you want.  And what you catch is all because of you! 

Circle is a good way to go.  Much cheaper but still pricey, the boating is big water play but structure safe if that provides you peace of mind and, your boat will release 150-300 lakers for the week, depending on dates and how you want to use your time.  20-30 pounders very likely, almost a given.  30-40 pounders a decent chance. 40+ possible and, there have been a few 50+.  That piece of the lake is very well the most beautiful too.  High hills and cliffs, channels, deep back bays, it's more like parts of Great Slave.  Anglers going to Circle unguided tend to catch double to quadruple what the main lodge catches without taking pricey flyouts to hotspots.

You want a better chance at a 50, 60 and maybe even 70 pound laker... Plummer's Trophy Lodge.  Guided, expensive, not as scenic, fewer fish caught, LOT more giants.

Thanks Bunk!  I think I called it out in the post but your trips are the reason Plummers made my list!  I think one of the reasons this would be a "special event" trip is the fact that I would probably go full out.  I have never targeted lakers before - never caught one and I think I would be useless on such a huge lake lol.  Anyway - when this one rolls around I will be hitting you up for sure for tips and tricks!  Who knows if you are ever looking to fill out a group, hit me up lol

Cheers

Andrew