Fishing launch fees in Oakville to Hamilton

Does anyone know what the best launch to get a season pass is along Lake O from Oakville - Stoney Creek.  I live in downtown Burlington so Fishermans Pier is the closest but I do not know if they sell season passes.  I just dread the clowns at the public (free) launches trying to get their boat to started while clogging the boat ramp.  I am getting a seasons pass at Fishmasters in Dunnville for just that reason.........that and the damn jet skiier!

I don't know what the latest info is but I used to launch for free at Humber West Park (Park and Lakeshore just west of Park off lakeshore Rd ).It is a great launch with minimal traffic during the week. I believe they charge for parking on weekends. It's close to the Toronto Islands and off the islands is where you want to be in July. 

3 hours ago, Snidley said:

I don't know what the latest info is but I used to launch for free at Humber West Park (Park and Lakeshore just west of Park off lakeshore Rd ).It is a great launch with minimal traffic during the week. I believe they charge for parking on weekends. It's close to the Toronto Islands and off the islands is where you want to be in July. 

Is that the access with 2 big round parking areas and like 4ramps? Never launched there but looks quite good

For years I launched at 50 Point, the Hamilton Conservation Authority webpage says the season launch pass is $158 incl. GST, better fishing on the south shore in April and May and not far to Bronte later if it is hotter there later on.   8 miles out of Bronte is pretty much the same patch of water as 8 miles out of 50

Yes Hack. The launch is mint and the parking is massive. Most of the parking is taken up by dog walking latte drinkers but during the week almost no one is there. I've never seen shore anglers there but I used to catch Chinnies, Browns and Rainbows 20 feet from shore there in my Hobbie. If anyone watched Fish TV last weekend those guys absolutely slayed Chinnnies from a boat about 1/2 mile out from Center Island sometime in the summer. That's a short haul from Humber West.  I would bet they were fishing in June or July for that area.

• Like 2

I’m not sure if fisherman’s pier has a seasons pass. I’ve always paid every time I fish the bay and lake O lol, maybe it’s something I should looked in too lol. The launch at bay front is good, however you have to go early in the mornings and be back by lunch time-ish on the weekends or it’s an absolute disaster there with knuckle heads clogging up the ramps. Night fishing is an option there too, we’ve tried that a few times. No one clogging it up then lol. I’m going to get the seasons pass at fisherman’s pier this year to avoid the s show at the Dunville public launch. Last I was there waited over half hour to pull out...

On 2/3/2021 at 9:48 PM, Snidley said:

I've never seen shore anglers there but I used to catch Chinnies, Browns and Rainbows 20 feet from shore there in my Hobbie..

I’ve heard rumours  that may still be a thing 🤐

Edited by Musky Plug