Bounce Lake - Cochrane Air Service

fishdawg

Very close to pulling the trigger on a mid August trip with the family (wife, son 13, daughter 6.5)  to Bounce lake with Cochrane air service 

Not looking for fishing tips just yet, but any suggestions /advice before we put a deposit down? Spoke with one of their guys for 15 minutes and feel good about it

One of their planes crashed a while ago

They were alright,  lots of walleye to catch at the lake I went to 

But they did advertise 10 pound plus walleye.  When we were waiting for our plane we saw a book of trophies for each lake, it was a photo album we were very disappointed to not see a single photo of a fish over 6 lbs when they said 10 lbs plus.     But other then that it was a good trip

Thanks bunk..  we ended up booking on Bounce.. nice cabin, seems like a good fit for family and feel we got a good deal. I also got another similar referral on that same lake a couple hrs ago..

Pretty sure I'll be pm ing you in the near future for some general fly in tips and such 

• Like 1

Amazing! I have never done a fly-in so have zero tips but I trust you will have a memorable experience! Congrats on this "family time" investment. If my wife even was remotely interested in fishing I would love to do something like this...but she isn't (which is weird because she sure seemed interested when we were just dating!)

On 2/3/2021 at 6:21 PM, fishdawg said:

Thanks bunk..  we ended up booking on Bounce.. nice cabin, seems like a good fit for family and feel we got a good deal. I also got another similar referral on that same lake a couple hrs ago..

Pretty sure I'll be pm ing you in the near future for some general fly in tips and such 

Fished Snare Lake... think it was around 05?  And went in mid summer.  Was actually the first fly-in softwater trip I'd ever done.  The cabin you chose looks much nicer, the lake sounds a little deeper, you're going with family and it's gonna be great.  Being a small lake with worm harnesses, jigs and few diving cranks you'll be quick to sort out what works.