A nudder on me own tie

misfish

Well we got some ice on whitie grounds and all my lines have at least one of my creations as a drop .

Been playing around with some different things. Mostly blood and grub style. We set up in 23 fow with a solid 5-8 inches of ice. I had two hits this morning ( only two fish that came in ) and both were on my ties. The first one bucked off at the hole . Caught the ice on the tip of the hook. Second one found his way out of the hole by my bear grip.  These fish came off the bottom and smashed the fly's. No checking it out,just up and smash . I was so jacked. Of course,me fishing partner for the morning was like,hey,I need some of those baits. LOL. As always, I shared . Christen the new hub as well.LOL

Finally a feed of fresh whitefish and fries tonight. Me fav.

20210131_120456.jpg.fd4ea9ccbdf94a4b0c776d606af89388.jpg

20210131_094010.jpg.d200570108004b72dd798bc6d2b01c83.jpg

20210131_093957.jpg.dacf02d2ff1fa66ebee79b766a21c5aa.jpg

• Like 5

Brian, when you say "as a drop"  Are you using a heavy lure on bottom (meegs, etc) and the fly higher up as a dropper?  If yes, what knot, and are you tying it on like a drop shot, or on a bit of leader, or ????

I always thought I should try jigging for whities with a Michigan wiggler, in fact might have tried it once back in the mid 80s, but.......?

Doug