Looking for newer “Headless” fish finder like Raymarine DragonFly

Raycaster

I love my Raymarine Dragonfly that allows me to run off any mobile device I have. I presently run it off a old iPad and android tablet on the boat. Being able to spend $500 on the raymarine and then use 2 cheap 10” devices on the boat is right in my budget. I see most 10” units going for over $1000 so its pretty sweet.

The unit is getting older and the maps are slow so I was wondering if there are any other options? Raymarine seems to have moved away from the lower end market?

2F4B7BCF-6245-4546-8041-B9EEB9BE5B83.jpeg

Bill, Zooming in or out on a map usually takes 30 seconds to redraw the screen.

I have the DragonFly 4 but its just used to turn on or off. I use a ipad at the front and Android tablet at the back. Some of the time navionics will be on the android device as the ipad doesn't have true gps. 

Yes the tablets viewing isn't great in direct sunshine but workable.

Still love the Raymarine but features like side imaging would be nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Doing a little research but wondering if Garmin Units using "Active Captain" can mirror their screens on Tablets?

Example: Using a 10" tablet at the back of the boat showing garmin sonar from a device at the console?

From what I have read it sounds like owners have to jump through hoops and register online accounts etc.

Also, there are conflicting report concerning maps etc. and the "mirror tablet" has no control function.

The cheap Raymarine WI-FISH works easily, may be a bit dated but looks like I may stick with it.