Lake Simco ice report ?

Big Cliff

10 minutes ago, Big Cliff said:

Sorry to hear you didn't catch a mess of fish. The bite was slow but steady, we brought home 25 including one burbot and easly released that many. We did keep 5 smaller fish that were badly hooked and we figured they would probably die anyway. We were on 8-10" of ice in about 30 fow. We are going back out again tomorrow but with this cold front coming in I am thinking it might be a little slower. 

You are like me...i find ice fishing the complete opposite of open water. Open water season give me stormy cloudy weather any day. As long as it’s not a “cold” storm where it rains for days. Unsettled stormy weather is the best. Meanwhile ice fishing, give me the sunniest calmest blue bird day you can find and I’ll always catch more fish. 

11 minutes ago, LefroyFisherman said:

Wonder if anyone is out today, wind is brutal up by me. I was thinking about going out but not now. Seems like the next week is going to be good for making ice, but the wind is still supposed to be strong most of the week.

same thing here in southeastern Ontario, winds southwest 40 gusting to 70........😮

55 minutes ago, kickingfrog said:

CP24 Headline: Man airlifted to hospital in critical condition after falling through ice on Lake Simcoe

I can’t seem to share the link. ????

Ya, his buddy that was on the other sled hung onto him for 40 min til rescue arrived. Now that is a true friend.

https://www.cp24.com/news/man-airlifted-to-hospital-in-critical-condition-after-falling-through-ice-on-lake-simcoe-1.5298513

Just back and have to say,ice is so scetchy still. On a spot that has been frozen over 2 weeks now. only 4". Heard BBP broke up as well and went out to the main lake. High winds today. 20 km with gusts of 50km. Still managed to get the hub up and down with ease.

Edited by misfish