Bell Canada Survey, LOL

DanD

I don't often comment on a lot of posts but in this case Bell Canada has earned one. Bell Canada is probably the number one example of a company that has become so big that it no longer needs to make customer service any kind of a priority. With very few exceptions I find their representatives are arrogant and downright condescending. The majority of technicians I have met seem to have a bad attitude and a chip on their shoulder. Some have made it clear that they don't care and that they hate their job. Bottom line is that customers are generally just a pain in the butt. My experience has been that if it comes to the need to resolve a bigger issue this company is completely handicapped and unaccommodating. This problem is evident from the presidents office all the way down the line. It's a shame because at one time Bell was the company that set the bar, they were highly respected and regarded as one of the best companies in the world. Today they offer good technology and it's all ok until something doesn't work as planned or there is a problem. If something arises it is unlikely that they can support the customer and actually resolve the issue. Bell Canada is a giant in the industry and getting bigger in spite of their bad service and poor customer relations.

• Like 2

Ya we actually are having our bell disconnected today! We have been paying $220/month for satellite tv, internet and home phone (which we do not need...but it didn't save us anything to cancel just that). Well with homeschooling we have discovered that our internet is total crap (5 mbps??? or something like that). Only one kid could be on video call at once...but we have 4 kids! Anywho, when may wife called them for better internet they were going to jack our price even more. She told them no way, gonna start shopping around. They basically did not care and made minimal attempt to keep us (were gonna knock like $20 off bill). Anyway, she found options for waaaaayyyy cheaper. After some hardware costs (ie android box) it was only going to be $70-80 a month and we would have more channels and 150 mbps (?) internet. Called bell to give last warning that we plan on leaving, would they drop pricing to keep us...nope. So we get the other stuff set up, call bell to let them know we are cancelling now and THAT person made the most sincere attempt to get us to stay....uhhh a little late we had already bought the android box, got a firestick and had the other company in to get us set up. You would think with people leaving in droves bell would scratch and claw to keep their existing customers. We did not have that experience!

• Like 1

Quick question guys.  Currently the wife is looking to get rid of some channels through Bell as the bill is ridiculous.  We do have the fire stick.  I told her I don't care what channels she gets rid of as long as I get my Leafs and SportsCenter.  Can she get rid of Bell altogether and get those two somewhere else?  Thanks

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Quick question guys.  Currently the wife is looking to get rid of some channels through Bell as the bill is ridiculous.  We do have the fire stick.  I told her I don't care what channels she gets rid of as long as I get my Leafs and SportsCenter.  Can she get rid of Bell altogether and get those two somewhere else?  Thanks

Go here

Down load Mobdro and give that a try, I use it and it works pretty good (not always perfect but does what i need) its a free apk. 

• 1 month later...

Sorry to bring this back to the top; but thought I let you know the questions the Bell operator ask while I was trying to cancel my Bell internet service. 

Q- Why are you canceling. A- Not happy with the service

Q- What can we do better for you  A- Nothing

Q- Who will your new provider be  A- None of Bell's business

Q- What is the new provider's billing rate.  A- None of Bell's business

Q - Have you switched to fiber for increased speed  A - None of Bell's business

Q - Could I have a sales rep call you  A - NO! Please just cancel my internet!

Ok Sir I'll have a Purolator label  sent out to you and your internet will be turned off as of tomorrow at approx. this hour.  

At least 30 minutes on the phone with her, trying to pry information out of me! Just turn the frigging service off! LOL

Dan.

• Like 1

I dropped them after 15 years because they are idiots.  I went through 3-4 calls from their customer retention representatives asking why I left them.  After 15 minutes of wasting my time I get the same answer.  When I get these calls now I just tell them if you do not know why I left you do not deserve my business. 

Plus I removed the bell line from my house and unless they want to re-connect it for free I am not interested.   

Please do not mention the word Bell to me, (even though we kept Bell TV as there was no other choise for years, excuses). When we had dial up 20 years ago I got a Bell telephone long distance bill for $2500.00. It was due to something called a Demon Dialer scam. Our phone was high jacked to dial loing distance numbers to Sao Tome Africa. Try fighting a company like Bell, it aint easy folks, not easy at all. I got my 15 minutes of fame on local and later on national TV. Eventually there was a class action suit filed by many of us scammed and Bell setlled before going to court with each customer. They waived 80% of our bill.  To continue with the lawyer was going to cost as much as the balance with no gaurentee we would have won in court. Plus Bell gave us free long distance anywhere in North America for 5 years, a big deal 20 years ago. Ooops I signed a non disclosure, go ahead sue me Ma. Make my day. 

I was renovating my house 8 years ago (putting on a 3rd floor), bumping out the front of the house and adding a covered deck off the back of the house and I needed my Bell and Cogeco lines moved (I had Bell phone and cable and Cogeco internet at the time).  Cogeco came right out the next day and asked me where I wanted it to go and I showed him a spot at the side of the house that would be out of the way, and 2hrs later it was done.  Bell said it would cost me $300 to move the location of where the phone line comes in my house.  I went back to Cogeco and moved my land line and TV to them and called Bell saying to cancel my service and to remove the line on my house because it is in the way of the framers extended my roof off the back of my house.  They said it will still cost me $300 and I hung up and walked to my back fence line climbed a ladder and cut if off about 6’ from the bundle and removed it from my house.  I called them back and said I have a cable hanging over my yard and I think it is one of yours…….looks like it was cut.  A tech was out next day and removed it.  I will NEVER go back to Bell.  Since then I dropped my land line and TV and use an android box exclusively with Netflix and I get more channels than I know what to do with.

Once corporations get to a certain size (a saturated market) they turn their focus away from customer service & customer retention towards internal savings and internal simplification at the detriment of the customer experience.  Look at Apple, Bell or any large consumer provider.

• Like 2

We have a Bell landline box 2 feet from the edge of the driveway for n26 years now. I have been asking them to move it for years, they won't. The killer is no one has a land line attached to that box. It just accidently gets run over and they continue to send 3 or more guys in 2 trucks to replace the box. Bell employees are the most miserable I have had the displeasure to meet. The last guy called out here for the Sat. dish was down right rude and the work was not critical so I told him to get off my property. That incident almost brought me out of retirement. The guy they sent next wasn't much better. 

1 hour ago, Old Ironmaker said:

We have a Bell landline box 2 feet from the edge of the driveway for n26 years now. I have been asking them to move it for years, they won't. The killer is no one has a land line attached to that box. It just accidently gets run over and they continue to send 3 or more guys in 2 trucks to replace the box. Bell employees are the most miserable I have had the displeasure to meet. The last guy called out here for the Sat. dish was down right rude and the work was not critical so I told him to get off my property. That incident almost brought me out of retirement. The guy they sent next wasn't much better. 

Try running over the box twice next time

• Haha 1