Bell Canada Survey, LOL

DanD

Just received an email from Bell phone about customer satisfaction. They must have not liked my answers on the survey this is the link I was emailed after notification of them receiving my survey results. LOL

Bells reply. LOL  

As far as I'm concerned the all powerful Bell can go to hell. I have or am trying to my best not to pay them another dime for services.

Dan.

• Haha 3

When we moved up to the Kawarthas about 18 years ago after retiring from CBC, Bell kept telling us that high speed was coming...After 4 years we changed to Cable Cable and are still with them...Don't know if Bell ever did get high speed up here...

Reminds me of the time I got a bunch of bogus charges from a phone they they sold me that kept accessing the “browser” at the time due to a defect in the phones design. I ended up with an $800 phone bill and when I went to bell to explain what was going on they agreed to switch my phone for one that wouldn’t be defective, but when I asked about the fact that my bill was $800 they told me to fly a kite. 

I immediately switched companies and told them to go you know what themselves. I paid out the end of my contract but refused to pay their data charges.

10 years later I move into my condo in toronto and being a new build the only service available was bell fibe for internet. When I finally went to get my internet set up...guesss what? They wouldn’t set it up because I “owed them $400”

Edited by AKRISONER
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, John Bacon said:

They damaged by driveway when they installed fibe and have refused to have it fixed.

Well, they wanted to drill holes in my driveway John, so I parked my truck right where they wanted to drill! I told them to go ahead, drill through my truck!

After much back and forth, I got them to agree to drill out the sidewalk as their original option was only two feet from the sidewalk.

HH

41 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

After much back and forth, I got them to agree to drill out the sidewalk as their original option was only two feet from the sidewalk.

Human nature, the lazy worst know that asphalt is easier to drill then concrete. Plus if they cracked the sidewalk; the town/city has more clout to force Bell to repair it. LOL.

Good thinking on your part, to park the truck in their way! 

Dan.

FRAT Warning!

We had Bell hooked up when we moved into our new place. They ran a 'temp' line from my neighbours place to ours, across 2 yards and driveways. 

That temp line is still there, 4.5 years later. I've called numerous times, stopped the service guys in the street, etc.. No use.

We had (what I thought at the time) was a good deal on their Fibe25 package with an extra $15/month for unlimited use. 

Fast forward to our current state of affairs with 2 kids remote learning, and 2 of us working remote. The Fibe 25 wasn't cutting it. Looking at their site, I saw the Fibe50 for a $1 / month more then my base package, inclusive of unlimited usage.. so god know how long I was donating them $14/month needlessly for 1/2 the bandwidth.  I had them upgrade me to the 50 package, which would require a tech to come out. They didn't want to hear that there's 4 of us that need the connection during the day and can't afford downtime. Regardless, tech shows up mid day and I race out and let him know "Hey, my wife's teaching online, and I'm going to be presenting online, both kids are online. I realize you're going to need to interrupt the service at some point, please just give me a quick heads up so we can accommodate our meetings. As expected Tech killed the connection without warning (I literally watched him on camera) then hopped in his stupid van and high-tailed it. 

That started the circus and endless loop of support call -> transfer -> disconnect -> repeat. I was told that there would be a tech out the next day to fix it. The initial tech ended up showing back up a couple hours later. I "politely" let him know how much of a scum move what he did was. He spent the next 4 hours farting around, before giving up, saying someone will be back at some point the next day to finish. No Tv, No Internet. 

Next day Tech 2 shows up. I went down the laundry list of things, including the 'temp line' which I was assured "hasn't been there for 4.5 years". There is a chance that years of drug and alcohol abuse has rewired my brain, but I dont think it's that severe. Regardless, Tech 2 can't figure out what the hell Tech 1 did. I just told him to revert everything back to the state it was in prior to Tech 1 showing up. He said he did. Left. Internet works for a hot minute. Tv works for less then that. 

Restart the process: support call -> transfer -> disconnect -> repeat; 

I'm told it will be 48hr until they can get someone back out. I'm starting to go numb with rage. They wouldn't escalate me to a manager. I started the onboarding process with Rogers at that point. Ya I know they essentially operate under the same model. I don't care. 

Surprisingly, the following day (a Saturday) Tech 3 shows up first thing in the morning. I explain the entire situation again. Emphasize that I no longer want anything new added, just the problem remediated, my service restored to the previous state. I want it done by 1pm because I've been waiting for a couple decades to see the Bills win a post season game. 

As expected Tech 3 can't figure it out, due to ancient infrastructure, but he's put in a work order to run a proper line to the house. Painted up the yard etc. Alas he left without reverting / fixing me. 

I had to stream the game. I was not happy about it. I was in a code red meltdown. Numerous calls from their customer service folks followed, looking for feedback on the work done. Each and every one of them got my constructive feedback. 

Rogers showed up on Monday, he was here for 5 mins. We got setup and have  bandwidth that is orders of magnitude better then what we were getting from Bell, for a less than 1/2 the price. 

I know, I'll have an episode with Rogers at some point, but to be fair, they took care of me very well when I was porting between mobility providers in the fall. That is also a lengthy, ridiculous Bell episode. 

• Thanks 1

A friend of mine worked for Bell for approx. 25+ years. He took an early retirement, not because he was done with work; but couldn't stand Bell's new polices. Which were more or less; screw customer service; they get what we give them. What happened to those ugly green vans with the yellow wheels and cub caps. The techs ("The bell man") driving them and their courteous smile and work ethic; that would keep them there until a problem was fixed? Come on all of us older guys; you/we must remember those UGLY green Doge/Fargo vans.? LOL 

bbb9c1128886a9562d5a4cdf81a6a35a.jpg.1ef0160d8fd88b99e589a95a130758b5.jpg

Dan. 

Edited by DanD
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DanD said:

Come on all of us older guys; you/we must remember those UGLY green Doge/Fargo vans.? LOL 

Dan. 

My best bud actually bought one of those Bell trucks and painted it brown with a yellow stripe running down the side.

It was even uglier than when it was ugly green  LOL

2 hours ago, DanD said:

A friend of mine worked for Bell for approx. 25+ years. He took an early retirement, not because he was done with work; but couldn't stand Bell's new polices. Which were more or less; screw customer service; they get what we give them. What happened to those ugly green vans with the yellow wheels and cub caps. The techs ("The bell man") driving them and their courteous smile and work ethic; that would keep them there until a problem was fixed? Come on all of us older guys; you/we must remember those UGLY green Doge/Fargo vans.? LOL 

bbb9c1128886a9562d5a4cdf81a6a35a.jpg.1ef0160d8fd88b99e589a95a130758b5.jpg

Dan. 

Dad worked for Bell 40 years, started at 17 near the end of the war and retired in the mid 80's at 57.  I recall pickups with a metal box on the back first and then English Ford Thames vans before the American made vans. In those years they were still that dark green but had red rims. BTW even with that history in my family I chucked Bell to the curb a few years back   edit ; Dan that is a Ford Econoline not a Fargoecca80448449504f3947eab4d2377dff.jpg

Edited by dave524

Sadly where I live and haveing so many issues in the past with Cogeco and then Distributel, I was stuck to go back to Bell today.  Trust me as a guy who worked for them I NEVER wanted to make that change but with bad lines from others they (Bell) came today and ran a new Fibe to the home line and I have the fastest internet they offer.  I needed the speed due to two teens in the house in online college and the Mrs and I work from home 2 to 3 days a week.  

Edited by GBW

2 hours ago, akaShag said:

I was scratching my head as to why I did not remember these trucks..............of course!  My home town had its own phone company...............

Did you live in Dunnville? they had their own company back in those days

edit: guess even though they were based in Dunnville they serviced other communities, doesn't seem to be a lot of info on it, Bell eventually took them over, around 1980 or so  image.png.32fc0f8bcd0e58af72950c007905a63e.png

Edited by dave524

2 hours ago, DanD said:

Yeah. Wasn't going to search to long looking for a Fargo. The first green Bell van I saw got posted; so shoot me! LOL

Dan.

Dad was repair foreman for the Welland area, he hated the Dodges. When they switched from the Fords to Dodge they had a mix and only so much parking in the garage/work centre. In winter they would leave the older Fords and I think a few GM's outside and park the Dodges inside so they would start. I bought a new van in the late 70's and remember him telling me to not buy a Dodge.

13 minutes ago, dave524 said:

Dad was repair foreman for the Welland area, he hated the Dodges. When they switched from the Fords to Dodge they had a mix and only so much parking in the garage/work centre. In winter they would leave the older Fords and I think a few GM's outside and park the Dodges inside so they would start. I bought a new van in the late 70's and remember him telling me to not buy a Dodge.

sounds like my dad's stories from his time in the military. They had finally ordered a pile of new trucks to replace the WW2 issue trucks that they were using. My old man said they spent more time trying to get the brand new dodges running then they did training lol. He said they ended up doing a lot more walking then driving ahaha.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, akaShag said:

I HATE those SOBs.  NOTHING would make me go back to Bell.  And their offshore "customer service" people who cannot speak or understand English.  Don't get me started...............

The only way to get around that is to phone on the weekend, or at least that's how it used to be. Also the best way to get any results from bell  when there are issues is to ask to speak to customer retention, that usually gets their arse in gear.

The worst thing to do when calling Bell (as a former person there) is press 0 right off the bat when the system answers as that directs you to sales.  Sales get pissy with calls they cannot sell on and will keep you on hold for a very, very long time before they send you where you need to actually be.  I know this as I had to repremand many an agent for doing so.  

Best, be calm, cool, collected with all your notes (if you have any due to a technical issue) and make your way to the right department and if it's cancelations/loyalty then they have a little more power on the $ side to help fix the issue vs a billing person.  They just fix billing errors and can do VERY MINOR credits.  Loyaly and being calm got me $475 back with Cogeco for issues I had with them one time.  

All and all Bell has gone to be another Big provider that doesn't care and just takes till you can't take no more.  Hence why I left working for them.  But at times and in some areas it's all that's really out there.  

A year or so ago I was working away in my home office and my internet went down. I called TekSavvy, my provider, and they were stumped. I called Bell, they were also stumped.

It took me five days of phone calls between the two to finally figure out that Bell had recently done a DSL audit in my area. I had switched my phone number three years prior, and they had never properly reassigned my DSL to the new number. I ended up having to get TekSavvy to call Bell, where THEY spent hours making their way up the chain to a level 4 tech that went "OH, I KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON!". 

TekSavvy was amazed that they managed to get Bell sorted out.

So, years ago, when I worked downtown, we had Bell as our ISP. The system, to say the least, was sporadic and completely unreliable.

One day it went down and my boss called Bell for tech support. After well over an hour talking to various techs, she was put on hold and the call was dropped. Angry she was, oh yes.

She called back and again, more than an hour with the tech, the tech asked here if she could hold. Her response was no, I won't go on hold as the last time you people put me on hold, the call was dropped. Response from the tech (who was off-shore)...

"Don't worry, I'll be with you until we kill the goat".  @GBW can verify!

HH

• Haha 2