Algonquin fly tying

misfish

27 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

The “About Us” page looks legitimate and a quick search on Steve Galea gives you many ties to Ontario out of Doors. 
I doubt blatant identity theft would be a good way to launch a crooked website. 
I’d buy from them. 

Yes I noticed the name . I sent an email to make sure he is still in business. Most of the reviews and comments are 2018 . Nice that he is local as well .

• Like 1

Order put in this morning . Will see how it goes . Seems anywhere you want to buy on line,shipping is $13-$16 Can post . Worth it if you can not get anywhere local here .

Hope to get soon as I have a few orders to fill . Seems some people are liking my ties . Fun hobby to make a little extra cash . Wont get rich, but keeps me out of trouble .

• Like 1

Little worried now.

Sent an email to see about my shipment. No reply

Click on the site and well, it is not good .

https://algonquinflytying.com/

If I do not get my shipment in a week or so ,how do I go about getting my money back ?

I used my credit card .

This is what I was worried about.

Edited by misfish

Well, all is ok.

I got to talk to Steve this morning. Man what a gentleman. He sent out his last 4 orders yesterday morning. He is really having a hard time getting supply,s. I totally agreed with him as I have seen other sites with SOLD OUT, on many items .

He is not comfortable buying for higher prices and having to do pass that on to his customers.

We got to chat about fly fishing in the Algonquin park. I got to get up there his summer to try a few spots he  noted to me .

Hope he gets back to selling .

All the best Steve.

I can vouch for Steve. Totally legit guy. He is isn't the best online communicator, but he knows his stuff and delivers. He's obviously not going anywhere: has been writing for Outdoor Out of Doors for ages. If you want good intel on nymphing for Algonquin specks, you can't go wrong with him.

• Like 1